Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2002, 06:07 PM   #1
ax_the_ex
Welcomed New User

there are 6 types of magic. fire, wter, wind, earth, mind, and divine. correct me if im wrong for the magic uses.

fire- extremely strong
water- strong but also curing
wind- group attack
earth- support (endurance)
mind- support attack (confusion)
divine- healing
i will need to know the uses for my quest. depending on who will learn what.
ax_the_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 06:21 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Divine doesn't just have healing spells - there are offensive spells like magic missiles (excellent early on when hardly any enemies have divine resistance), and banish (GREAT for undead), plus summon elemental.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Can't forget one of my favorits in the devine Instant Death

Also all the areas have attack and defence spells and fire is only the best twords the begining.

[ 03-31-2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Blade ]
Old 03-31-2002, 08:10 PM   #4
Niob
The Magister

You are right but I think the most important realm is mental. Later on, monsters get extremly high water and fire resistences and it's no use casting offensive spells. You will need spells to increase your defense like element/ soul shield, and to help your fighters with superman or bless.
a very nice spell is freeze all but my favorite one is Pandemonium. When you fight 30 rapax on ascension peak its the best to start with pandemonium cuz it works for 100%.
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:20 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Mental is very good. Early on, it gives you the insanity spell, which is the best disabling magic. Always one of my favorites.

Air for several things, including Pandemonium (though that comes on late in the game) and Noxious Fumes.

Fire is good for awhile, but around midgame, too many monsters have fire resistance. And it only gets worse from there.

Basically, I concentrate most on defensive magic and disabling magic. When you get up to levels 6 and 7, then you have Quicksand, Death Wish, Instant Death, etc.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

I haven't finished the game yet, but I've discovered mental to be my fave realm, followed closely by water, and then divine. Making things go nuts and pummelling each other is a lot of fun, and I've found ego whip to be my best cone spell yet. Water is great for 2 things, especially...paralysis, then freeze flesh, then freeze all-great against things like juggernauts that pummel you in large groups. Also, I'm a fan of acid bomb....it's the gift that keeps on giving, which is great against a bunch of little wusses. And of course, divine is important for the healing, and summon elemental is a great spell that I really like, even if it is expensive.