Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Woohoo!

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - “ReBoot,” one of the earliest computer-animated episodic TV series, will be redeveloped as a trilogy of feature-length films by Rainmaker Animation.

Originally produced in 1994, the series centered on life within a computer, where good forces fought invading viruses and videogames were viewed from within.

“ReBoot” was created by MainFrame Entertainment, which was acquired by and renamed Rainmaker in 2006. The show aired for several seasons on ABC, YTV and Cartoon Network.

“The idea is to relaunch the brand in a new way,” said Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz, who will oversee the project.

To do this, Rainmaker has entered into a strategic alliance with Zeros 2 Heroes, a Web site set to launch Monday (July 23) to provide a social network for comic book fans.

Five undiscovered writers chosen by Rainmaker were selected to work with the animation studio’s production teams to prepare a pitch for the new “ReBoot” story line. These will be posted on the Zeros 2 Heroes site Thursday (July 26), the opening day of San Diego Comic-Con International. Those who visit the site will be able to work with each production team to help refine the ideas for “ReBoot” and later vote and select a favorite pitch. The brainstorming environment is what the site calls “Think Ups.”

A Web-based comic, based on the selected story, will be published this year. Production on the features will commence at that time.

“‘ReBoot’s’ legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites,” Gertz said. “We’re very enthusiastic about how we’re reconceiving this classic series by creating an innovative way for those fans — who were kids when the series started — to use new technology to help guide us.”

Zeros 2 Heroes president Matt Toner sees the Internet as a democratizing medium. “It takes away gatekeepers,” he said. “We want to connect the fans with the producers … and let them determine what the next hits will be. When it comes to long-standing genre entertainment properties, the fans are the real experts.”
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

cool
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

yeah, cool!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Hahaha why would they make this into a movie? Man, hollywood is goin crazy with the remakes.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Because older things are better. The new stuff has a tendency to be utter tripe.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #6
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I didn't know Reboot was that popular, although I barely remember it.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: ReBoot is coming back!

I used to watch this! Barely remember it though. Didn't realise it was popular enough to make a film of...
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: ReBoot is coming back!

Quote:
ReBoot,” one of the earliest computer-animated episodic TV series
One of?! Dear sir, it was the first! By far. Groundbreaking in it's time.