Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Morguemaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, i have finished the game twice, or is it three times now, and i have seen a chest in one room, HIGH above one of the door ways.

Has anyone gotten it, or opened it?

Stackman, it looks like a job for you mate.
I have tried to get chests and stuff to plant in the room, but they sometimes disappear when i take them thru certain doorways.

2 Points i have found after finishing the game, a second time.

1. I have had fights where water creatures have been on land ie. fought a bone shark on some stairs, at least 5 steps above the water.
2. I have dragged boxes and chests around, and sometimes they dissappear, and when i go thru a doorway, .....poof.... they vanish.
3.When i went to fight the second baddie, ok, it was 3 am, and i forgot to ask his name before i killed him( ok, so i was rude this time, but my parents did teach me manners......excuse me mister monster, before i slay you, what is your name?) to get the second champion key, i could not get it, as i had to many things, so i got the usual message, ( unload buddy, ya hands are full, and so is your backpack ) i could not find the key where it was supposed to drop, but found it, after searching the whole room, about 10 scale adventure feet away, or more, no tape measure when i adventured this time ( writes that down on his to do list for the third adventure ).Why?
4. I cant count. I said 2 points, but this is point four, and a worthless point at that.
5. Time for my medicine

Well, thanks for your time, your patience, and everything, oh, and all those helpful hints from over 175 pages worth of posted points.

Morguemaus
Morguemaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 03:22 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The chest. I think I know which chest you are talking about. It's in a small alcove high above the ground in a big hall. If you look up, you will see an entrance above in the wall opposite to the chest.
Go to the entrance. Traverse the walls (run-jump) to the chest. It's possible. Or, better, save your effort and ignore the chest. The chest contains nothing extraordinary. A normal collection of trash plus a Book of Artifact of Fiends (the book is a "fixed treasure", it's always there).
2. Flying sharks and swimming bats. Normal. No need to get surprised [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
3. Vanishing chest? I've never experienced that.
4. The keys. I've never had any problems. Wasn't it a consequence of a sloping terrain?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Morguemaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Radek

My wise and wonderful friend. Thank you for your answers.
1. Yes, that is the chest in question, and i have tried the running jump method, but will also try again soon.
2. Land sharks. They are very funny to watch. I have once dropped items onto the floor of my ship, and then sailed away from that spot, only to come back, and still see the said items floating in the air. Made my 5 yr old laugh.
3.It happened not only in the Pyramid of Cet, but also in the Collasium, where chest disappeared, but you get that on big jobs.
4. That confounded key. Yes, you are correct again. There was a slope in the room, and yes, that is where the key went. Speaking of slopes, when i ran to the top of Cet's Pyramid, i was being chaced by Desert Raptors, and it was funny to watch them drop their eggs and see them roll down the sides. My son and i had a good laugh at that.

Cheers and Take care.

Morguemaus
Morguemaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The disappearing chests I have never encountered. That sounds weird.

And as to the chest. I cannot remember whether my party used the run and jump method or whether they side-stepped round the ledge. I do recall, however, that the chest never has been considered a case for Stackman.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
The chest contains nothing extraordinary. A normal collection of trash plus a Book of Artifact of Fiends (the book is a "fixed treasure", it's always there).
Tell me, Radek, you would not happen to have a complete list of fixed treasure, would you? That could prove a very powerful tool.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:17 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

I've never made a list of them. I will remember, but I will be unprecise, incomplete, or mistaken [img]smile.gif[/img]

1. The chest on the Warrior Path in the Valeia Crypt: Ankh of STR.
2. The chest on the Wizard Path in the Valeia Crypt: Ankh of INT.
3. The chest in the Kreug's office in the Snake Temple. Warrior's Amulet and, perhaps, other items.
4. One of the chests at Elysia: Book of Cure Poison.
5. The chest near the Burial Grounds: Plate Mail+1, 2H Great Sword+1, Crusade Helm+1.
6. One of the chests in Stout Mines: Book of Artifact of Fire and a musical instrument.
7. The chest near sleeping S'Keser'Da: Book of Dementia.
8. One of the chests near Idol of Aku: musical instrument.
9. The chest behind the level 12 lock in the Skull Castle: Wizard Robe+4 and Ward of Magic.
10. The chest with the Ashes of Anephas: 8 ankhs, one ankh for each stat.
11. One of the chests in the Shrine of Anephas: Book of Artifact of Spirit. Sorry, I can't remember which one it is [img]smile.gif[/img]
12. The "unreachable" chest in the Pyramid: Book of Artifact of Fiends.

Note: I haven't listed chests with quest items or unique items like Rod of Therbos, Monk's Ward, Ring of Neptune, and so on. I haven't also listed "ankh chests" (chests that always contain a random ankh). I am also sure that the list is far from complete.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

If you by Kreug's office mean his study above the library and not the room one first encounters him in, then please add to that chest the book of venom bite. The book of cure poison is always in the chest to the right when entering Elyssia's auditorium.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:42 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Yes, I do. And yes, you are right [img]smile.gif[/img]