Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #21
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
LOL I love to speak leet! Ph34r my hax0r sk1llz, n00|3s!

Classic material there
Old 06-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #22
Aerich
Lord Ao

Notice I said *most*. If you read books you'll be fine on your exam. It's those that spend all their waking hours on PS2 and online games that have to worry. [img]smile.gif[/img] Games like BG aren't too bad. At least there's some strategy and linguistic interaction involved, except for those people that spend all their time running shoddy munchkin statistical analyses on whose character is badder. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not knocking the lingo; it's fine for where it's used. But I've met a lot of people my age (soon to be 23) and younger that cannot construct an intelligible sentence.

Good luck on your exam! (a year early, I know).
Old 06-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
It's called l33t or 1337 (pronpunce leet from elite).
Oh! I always wondered what leet was supposed to mean! D'oh!! Although it's not like I didn't ask people, they wouldn't tell me (I suspect they didn't know and were just trying to be cool... like most people who know leet do ).
Old 06-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #24
SomeGuy
Unicorn

d00d 7h47 w4z teh suXX0r. [img]tongue.gif[/img] jk Gave me a smile or two, because I've seen it before

[ 06-30-2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #25
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Originally posted by Lauren:
But odd at the same time, who actually thought of all of that? or that actual chat (if it is a chat)
It's called l33t or 1337 (pronpunce leet from elite). It's sort of a language you often find in online games, probably cause of the competition and being better. Other places are some scriptkiddie and cracker communities and IMO it looks like most people using it spend huge amounts of time online. [/QUOTE]LOL...it's alright, I know what l337 is, it was first introduced to me by shadowhound. And I can understand it, but the 1337 LOTR was whacked....lol
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #26
Nerull
Lord Ao

ROFLMAO...That is hilarious. I've done just enough online gaming to understand all of that, and that is hilarious. I do like the AIMBOT part.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 07-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #27
TyranyuZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Paladin, what I could follow was pretty funny!

I agree, it's a bit weird that someone would create a 'language' like that to communicate in when half the time it doesn't save a single keystroke and looks totally ridiculous...I mean P instead of O for owned? Makes no earthly sense, doesn't save time or space and looks silly....they must have had some of those 'shrooms!
Ok3y-

First of all you got like 15000 posts on this forum, so I am surprised that you have kinda been not familiar with that kind of language.

That type of language is called h4xxor språk, or h4xxor language. It's used by alot of ppl, it's quite easy to understand ^^;

IT IS RIDICULOUS as you pointed out, but that is what the joke is about.I would rather have read that in the h4xxor language then with in the usuall language with attempt to be funny.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #28
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Taht was teh R0xx0r5!!1!!1111!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:53 AM   #29
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Um, sure, what he said.... And, Tyranyuz, you should prolly take a zero off that number, as Cloudy is pretty much the only person with that many posts.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:28 AM   #30
TyranyuZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Um, sure, what he said.... And, Tyranyuz, you should prolly take a zero off that number, as Cloudy is pretty much the only person with that many posts.
Woot you mean? She has abit above 15000...