Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 09:18 AM   #31
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:

Oh!
And where could you get these?

AIM: http://www.AOL.com
MSN: http://www.MSN.com
Old 01-10-2002, 05:07 PM   #32
ispq
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MSN: ispq@hotmail.com
AIM: ispq
Yahoo: ispqster@yahoo.com
Old 01-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

You know.. it's really nice to see the respect I'm not getting on this thread.....Thanks, heaps. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

It's even nicer to know that Ziroc spent time and money to upgrade this forum and INCLUDE the ability to list those things in your PROFILE and still people refuse to show him the courtesy of using that function.

Show some gratitude people! And common sense. We need a new server and are using most of the bandwidth on the one we now have. It may not save much, but you could be part of the solution and not the problem by not posting addresses on threads when the PROFILES contain them.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed. I had thought IW members had more respect for mods, admin and themselves.

Cloudbringer
Old 01-11-2002, 01:53 AM   #34
LennonCook
Jack Burton

A-as I s-said be-be-before, I-im w-w-with C-c-c-Cloudy.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:55 AM   #35
Melusine
Dracolisk

So am I. First of all, I'm with her because I think she's making a valid point. This sort of threads (of which we had at least TWO before) only eat up server space. You could have searched for the previous thread and added those people to your contacts, or you can simply CLICK a person's profile.

Dreamer spewed forth:

quote:
Does that mean we have too check every persons profile to check if their on MSN? This is much easier if you ask me.

No, only the profiles of the people you actually WANT in your MSN/AIM/ICQ contacts. Sheesh. You don't honestly mean to say you're going to add all these people whom you may not even know or like to your contact list? There isn't even enough room for that.
It's interesting to note that most people who are "too young to donate money to Ziroc" are also the ones who are blatantly ignoring a moderator's official request to stop making threads like these and thus completely disregard the financial problems it could cause for Dan.
Second of all, I am with Amber because in this benevolent dictatorship, Mods and the Admin are to be listened to. YES, this may be a small matter in itself, but it does show that 1. you ignore a moderator's request (and I know she's not a Mod here, but she is allowed to act as one when something like this pops up) and 2. you couldn't care less about using up Ziroc's space. We already had two threads about this for Pete's sake!

Edit:

In addition, a while ago I DID manually search for the original thread and FOUND it too. So it's nonsense to say you couldn't find it.
Second, maybe Rikard has a point. Well then: I'd be willing to make you people a bloody MSN/AIM/ICQ/YIM list if there isn't going to be another way...
[img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Old 01-11-2002, 06:48 AM   #36
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
So am I. First of all, I'm with her because I think she's making a valid point. This sort of threads (of which we had at least TWO before) only eat up server space. You could have searched for the previous thread and added those people to your contacts, or you can simply CLICK a person's profile.

Dreamer spewed forth:

No, only the profiles of the people you actually WANT in your MSN/AIM/ICQ contacts. Sheesh. You don't honestly mean to say you're going to add all these people whom you may not even know or like to your contact list? There isn't even enough room for that.
It's interesting to note that most people who are "too young to donate money to Ziroc" are also the ones who are blatantly ignoring a moderator's official request to stop making threads like these and thus completely disregard the financial problems it could cause for Dan.
Second of all, I am with Amber because in this benevolent dictatorship, Mods and the Admin are to be listened to. YES, this may be a small matter in itself, but it does show that 1. you ignore a moderator's request (and I know she's not a Mod here, but she is allowed to act as one when something like this pops up) and 2. you couldn't care less about using up Ziroc's space. We already had two threads about this for Pete's sake!

Edit:

In addition, a while ago I DID manually search for the original thread and FOUND it too. So it's nonsense to say you couldn't find it.
Second, maybe Rikard has a point. Well then: I'd be willing to make you people a bloody MSN/AIM/ICQ/YIM list if there isn't going to be another way...
[img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Yeah, what (s)he said!! [/lazy]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

Old 01-11-2002, 06:52 AM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:

Yeah, what (s)he said!!

I'm a she [img]smile.gif[/img]
And again, I'd be willing to make such a list, but before I start doing it, I'd first like to know if people would actually be interested (I should say so, after all, you'd all love a solution that didn't take up more server space, riiight?) and if that would mean threads like this would be history.

I'd make it a Word doc and email it to anyone interested. PM me if necessary.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:35 AM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, people that's a pretty generous offer that Melusine has made!

Considering that you can still get the addresses from the PROFILES, she has offered to spend her valuable time making that extra list for anyone who just can't be bothered to click the word 'profile'.

Thank you, Mel, that's pretty darned nice of you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy