Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 09:21 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
yes Sazerac, I have heard of "fakes" that can be reproduced by double exposing the same "bit" of film to different sceneries. But this is only possible with NORMAL cameras - I used a digital one with Smart Media cards so is impossible to have done that effect.

Wah...I was not at all implying that you had "faked" the photograph. Even though it is possible to get a double exposure by accident or through a flaw in the photographic medium, if there were no other distortions (and you are positive of this) then it's more than likely you did capture something "real" on that film...even if it just is a strong magnetic vibration or "pull".

Looking at the picture, I get no feeling of malevolence...only one of peace.

Old 06-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #12
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks Sazerac, that made me feel a bit better.

It's not about feeling afraid, but I have this feeling that it was ME that was there at that particular time, when this happened.

You know, the same feeling that you were on a lift alone with a serial killer...........and he murdered a person five minutes later.

You would've thought.

"PHEW! Oh my GOD! I was in the same lift with that maniac!!"

That's the feeling I'm having now.

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:24 PM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

you could:
you better clean the lens of your camera
complain to the camera shop where you have taken your film in to be developed
or....
you see dead people...

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:24 PM   #14
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

"Old" Mexico has a tradition heavily steeped in the occult. I grew up around spiritism, and have a slighty skewed viewpoint. There is a spirit world, IMHO, and I'm surprised at how many people would rather not know, or admit, it exists...

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:25 PM   #15
BladeMaster

To me it just looks like water mist.

------------------
Do you TIRE of MORTAL LIFE so much that you SEEK to end it at the HANDS of

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-10-2001, 09:27 PM   #16
Ziroc

Quote:
A while ago, I was walking down a cemetery near my college.

It was essential for my artwork and I had a digital camera with me to take some pictures.

I took about 64 or 65 "snaps", and loaded them individually into my PC so that I could draw sections later on.

It has been a while now, but I had a feeling today, I decided to browse through them again to see if I actually needed them on my hard drive anymore.

I went through each one, until I reached this picture...............

I FOUND THIS:

PS:

* I have done NO editing with ANY paint shop program or indeed did ANY modification to the picture.
* I have never realised this until now.
* It is impossible to duplicate the same effects (look how the mist curves over the grave!)
* It was a sunny day.

Can this be explained?
Can someone tell me that it was just a dream, please.
Is it me, or can you guys see it too?
Help me, Wah doesn't like being scared
I've seen many of these types of images, I also am a photographer, and what that is, is either:

1. Picture was taken behind glass, flash reflection distortion.
2. Lens slightly dirty, (like a streaked fingerprint) and when the shutter shot, it created what many call a 'anomaly'

3. Was the sun in front of you? Could have been a solar flare (I doubt it though)

4. It's a ghost, and you're in deep shit now!! j/k.. I seriously doubt that, here, look at these, each one isn't a ghost. they are Camera anomalies:

below is a reflection on the furnature

Below is Snow.. prolly taken with a slow speed shutter:

BUT.... Below is something scary.....

Look BETWEEN the two guys.. see the demon? (Light effects..)

But Below, I cannot explain as well.. the baby is LOOKING up at this.. maybe babies can see stuff we can't???

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-10-2001, 09:28 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It dosen't look like a sunny day to me Wah, not to imply that you faked it or anything, but to me it looks like one of those days when every inch of the sky is covered in clouds and the light is gray and dull, the mist reminds me of that mist you get when it gets colder towards the evening and the ground is a little moist, the kind that keeps close to the ground, sometimes almost obscuring it, kinda like some sort of swamp mist.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:30 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Sazerac, that made me feel a bit better.

It's not about feeling afraid, but I have this feeling that it was ME that was there at that particular time, when this happened.

You know, the same feeling that you were on a lift alone with a serial killer...........and he murdered a person five minutes later.

You would've thought.

"PHEW! Oh my GOD! I was in the same lift with that maniac!!"

That's the feeling I'm having now.

How did you feel when you were taking the picture?

If you felt eerie or unwelcome, then it was likely malevolent.

If you felt neutral or at peace, then it was most likely benign or even beneficent.

BladeMaster: Water mist, I would think, is the most likely explanation...a random "fog" that occurred. Being that it is in a churchyard (an English churchyard, no doubt?) that looks like it's seen quite a few years, though, I know that there tends to be a LOT of emotional and etheric history that gets imprinted on those old stones.

Like the ancient druids said,

"Wood, Lock, Stock, and Stone,
The entire world in each is known."

Old 06-10-2001, 09:35 PM   #19
Ziroc

It's not a ghost.. look at this.. the sun WAS in the pic. solved

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 06-10-2001).]

Old 06-10-2001, 09:36 PM   #20
Moni

Here's one I took of Captain Marmalade when she was a kitten.

I was probably smoking a cigarette when I took it (however, another shot immediately after this one does not contain the effect) and I got chills when I pulled it out of the envelope when I got them back from the developer.

I think I was smoking.

Don't be afraid, even if it is a ghost, you have more power than it...it could not hurt you unless you gave it permission to and I seriously doubt that you would.

Sleep well friend, everything is OK.

Moni

------------------