Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 06:22 AM   #11
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Hey not that anyone would read this but i'll really like to be an apprentince, u know learn the tricks of the trade.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:25 PM   #12
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
Wouldn't that make you more like a cleric, Willard? [img]smile.gif[/img] Well, maybe a cleric/mage...

Willard, how about sharing here just what you mean by positive and negative energies? Perhaps you can list a few spells from which I can form some idea? I know you may have already PMed SecretMaster and explained everything to him, but I'm curious.
Nah. Actually, no gods for me. Maybe I'll be a Dark Mage or a Loremaster or something. Here's what negative and positive energy is, as PMed to Secretmaster.

"You haven't played NWN before? Oh well, I'll tell you what negative and positive energy is. Negative energy is energy drawn from the Negative Plane (evil crap!!), which damages creatures from the Prime Material Plane, (our plane) and heals and boosts negative creatures (undead). Positive energy is drawn from the Positive Plane (good crap!!!). Positive energy heals and boosts creatures from the Prime Material and Positive planes. At least, that's what the theory is. Positive energy is considered holy, and is usually used in clerical and healing spells, and for killing undead. Negative energy is the opposite. A wizard that deals with these types of energies are Necromancers. I don't want to be a necromancer though. I just want to be a wizard or enforcer that deals with these energy types mostly.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:44 PM   #13
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Okay! Negative + Positive and Conjuration it is then. I don't want to be a dark mage though. [img]graemlins/bootyshake.gif[/img] Too dark for me. I'd like to just be a freelancer for now.

Oh, BTW, if I learn both the Negative + Positive and Conjuration courses, do I have to spend 10 days in the courses, or can I do both in just 5 days?
Old 09-13-2002, 05:55 PM   #14
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Enforcer Category
Overseer- The Overseers are judges for when people disobey the law, whether it be misusers of magic, or a thief in the Clan. We can have multiple Oveerseers in the Clan.
Enforcer- These are the basic people who go and make sure people do not abuse magic, have a license, and make sure no crimes occur within guild walls.
I'll be an....Overseer!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Okay! Negative + Positive and Conjuration it is then. I don't want to be a dark mage though. [img]graemlins/bootyshake.gif[/img] Too dark for me. I'd like to just be a freelancer for now.

Oh, BTW, if I learn both the Negative + Positive and Conjuration courses, do I have to spend 10 days in the courses, or can I do both in just 5 days?
No, they are the same course. But if you didn't notice my rule about specilization, you already have an Upper Degree in Negative in Postive Energies (with the exception of them being in the same course, they count as being 2 things for specilization)

BTW I'm posting the test now just PM your answers to me

1 What interests you most about Magic?
A: Power
B: Helping others and stopping crimes with magic
C: Using its power to heal and aid others
D: Learning its mystical Nature
E: Making things and mixing and matching certain elements to see what you get

2 If you could have any of these items for free, which would it be?
A: Some Dragon Scales, crushed powder, and petals from a flower
B: Staff of the Magi
C: Magic License
D: A new aid kit
E: An Incinerator for melting strong substances
F: A book on learning Magic

3 What do you think of Necromancy?
A: I think it is evil, and none should learn it
B: It will be the downfall of Mankind
C: I really don’t care about it, nor am I fanatic who rants on that it should be abolished.
D: It’s somewhat appealing.
E: Does the pile of books on Necromancy and the skulls on my desk answer your question?
F: Don’t know too much about it to answer the question

4 If you can learn any of these subjects for free, which one would it be?
A: Alchemy all the way
B: The Clerical Knowledge stuff is interesting
C: I’d go with the basics (Alteration, Abjuration, Conjuration, Illusion, Invocation,
Necromancy, and Enchantments/Charming)
D: Those Energies, the coolest thing to happen since Elminster visited our town.

5 Do you think you are good at magic so far?
A: Yeah, I’m pretty darn good, watch me blow up that tree
B: Well, lets put it this way, when Elminster asked me if he could tutor me, I was more than happy.
C: Getting the hang of it
D: Kind of
E: I can’t seem to get this magic missile right.

6 What do you think of authority figures?
A: I’m the kinda guy who should be one of the managers up in the top.
B: Well I’d like to make a few changes; some of these rules are just not worth it
C: I’m the person who should be making sure rules are followed
D: I could care less about rules, I’m one person, I don’t need no stinking rules
E: It really doesn’t bother me

POST YOUR ANSWERS BY PMing ME!!!! I DARE YOU TO POST EM HERE!!!!!!!!!!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:48 PM   #16
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Ok, just sent it to you. What is this test for again? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 10:37 PM   #17
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin Al'Thor:
Hey not that anyone would read this but i'll really like to be an apprentince, u know learn the tricks of the trade.
Hmm, an aprentice eh?Hey could Merlin be MY aprentice hmmm,I wonder...
Old 09-14-2002, 12:35 AM   #18
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Okay if i can. just as long as u aint' an evil,evil mage. i can't make u anything or whatever i guess, i'll just guard your back and blast the crud out of any weaklings.

[ 09-14-2002, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Merlin Al'Thor ]
Old 09-14-2002, 12:41 AM   #19
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

oh yeah as an apprentince can i study all those things all just one? if just one then Invocation all the way.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:49 AM   #20
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

when does this start again, meaning no disrespect master its just that i'm eager to begin A.S.A.P. once again meaning no disrespect. (oh yeah i read somewhere to become this class of wizard u had to study fifteen years! i hope this isn;t in real time!!)