Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

I'm running a four person team as follows:

Felpurr Samurai (Bushido Blade/Thieves Buckler) with Bloodlust in his pack in case I decide to change weapons. So far Bushido Blade is doing OK.

Human Monk (Hands & feet)

Faerie Ninja (CoC)

Dwarf Priest (Disruptor Mace/Thieves Buckler)

They are all at level 11 and the Priest has enough to go to level 12. We've just killed the Rat Breeders and, as you can see from the CoC, got the AD from killing Don Barlone. Now doing first couple of requests from the T'rang.

My question is this. Should I continue as a Priest or change to Bishop for better magic options? As you can see, I have all four magic realms covered anyway.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:42 AM   #2
Slag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think either way would be fine. Personally I'd probably wait until at least level 5 priest spells before switching classes, if not level 7, you won't actually gain much going to bishop.
Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:59 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

You could even think about swaping to a Lord or Valk...

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:13 AM   #4
Deathmage
The Magister

The Samurai would probably work best dual-wielding, but hey, it's your game.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:44 PM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Deathmage, yes I know I can dual wield but my dual wield isn't high enough yet. Getting more attacks with Bushido Blade single wielding at the moment.

Target, Lord would be viable but am worried that dual wield won't be strong enough at the end of the game even with the Lord bonus, particularly as it will start at zero because he's a priest at the moment. Realistically, as I'm level 11 at the moment, there's probably only about 12-15 levels to go before I finish (unless I deliberately go farming for experience points). That would mean about 36-45 points in dual wield and then getting the rest from skill increases in battle. On the other hand dual wileding the Mauler and DE is very tempting.....

Slag, good point about spell levels. Yes, I don't think Bishop is an option now. Too few levels to go without extensive training to raise my realm/magic skills, too lazy to do that.

I think I'll keep two saves, one as a Priest, one as a Lord and see which is better.

Thanks everyone for their advice.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:37 PM   #6
sultan

regarding the priest, there are a number of positive aspects to switching to bishop: you will slow your level ups down so that the priest's level isnt determining the level of competition; you'll get quite a few more spell points once you get the other books up to a decent level; you'll open up a number of attacking spells; and you will still gain levels towards learning priest spells so you can learn those important level 5's as usual (you should have access to them now, anyway).

of course, if you're developing spellcasting for the hybrids, then you ought to make sure they keep casting the buffs, even if your bishop can eventually cast them higher - they need all the learning they can get!

regarding dual wield, i agree about the samurai. let them get to a high level in skill before saddling them with the penalties. and, enjoy the shield bonses in the meantime!

similarly, switching to a lord doesnt necessarily mean you have to dual wield. there are other benefits, such as armour (infinity helm!), and you can still do mace/shield or staff, if you choose, you just miss out on the 25% dual bonus.

lots to think about! thanks for starting the discussion - my recent play with hybrids has me thinking about a similar party to take some of my time over the holidays [img]smile.gif[/img]