Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did the Djinn's quest to free him, and of course in return I get. . . Sarevok's blade! Now, I haven't played BG1 but, I do know the background story and what not. Why on earth would the Djinn have Sarevok's blade, from a story stand point I would ask this. Besides I also feel its too powerful of an item to recieve so early in the game!

***I purchased the game for quite a nice bargain a long time ago with ToB, but never got around to playing it. Now i'm hooked. The riddles on the drain pipes in the sewer underneath the Copper Corenet, are really quite eery. I couldn't bring my self to attain the "blood of a friend."
Old 10-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILERS-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well, my guess is that when Imoen or possibly someone else mentions that when you were captured by Irenicus, he probably sold all of your lesser-value items, and kept the better ones. Maybe he thought an indestructible djinni would be a good place to store an item which contains the energies of a bhaalspawn. And if by your second comment you meant that you weren't able to find the blood of a friend, it doesn't mean to kill one of your party members. Just find an old man with a carrion crawler as his only friend, and kill that. Good luck and have fun!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #3
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
No no I did figure out I needed to kill the carrion crawler, but I did contemplate killing a party member. . . (lol, imagine if you actually had to). But, none-the-less I always have strived to play good aligned characters, and right now im technically lawful good. So, for RP purposes I couldn't find any good reason to kill the only friend of some sad begger that has decided to spend the rest of his days within the sewers. . . and the fact that it didn't turn hostile one me is another legitimate reason I feel. I'm also planning to scrap Anomen for his annoying "I'm superior, screw the poor" comments. I got rid of Aerie because shes blinded more so by romantisicm (I feel) than concentrating on what the party's initial intent is really for.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #4
Riftmaker
Elminster

Every NPC has their own agenda, and doesn't necesarrily talk about Imoen all the time. Anomen does feel he is superior than others because he is a knight. Many knights feel this way. It doesn't necesarrily mean they aren't Lawful Good.

As for Aerie, she's happy to be free. Just because she is more interested in experiencing her freedom than rescuing Imoen doesn't mean she isn't Lawful Good either.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:40 AM   #5
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Spoilers...

A side note about the old man, from a RP stance that is a good way to go, but in truth he has been possessed by the sewer entity and was forced to live there. Of course, there is no way for your characters to know that, but I thought you might want to.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:22 AM   #6
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

yeh, i guess the story is that the player character prised sarevok's sword from his dead fingers and took it for his or her own (or gave it to minsc) - it got taken off you when captured and irenicus left it with the genie for safe keeping

it's a great game isn't it ? it sounds like you having a really good role playing experience through it as well - i remember thinking i needed to stab a party member too the first time through [img]smile.gif[/img]

happy smiting . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:14 AM   #7
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

TOB spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I thought irenicus kept Sarevoks sword because it was related to the protagonist, you know how hes trying to unlock your untapped power and all that if i wanted to unlock it id probably keep the sword of there brother as well as it would have a close bond with the player character. What do you reckon would happen if you kept Sarevoks sword all through SoA and gave it back to Sarevok when you got to TOB? that might be somthing for a role player. Just an opinion.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #8
Badvok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had BGT installed and ...............

Spoilers!

When Sarevok rejoins you in TOB he says something along the lines of "ahhh! MY armour!", and "Do you have MY sword?".
Badvok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #9
IronDragon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcloak:
I'm also planning to scrap Anomen for his annoying "I'm superior, screw the poor" comments. I got rid of Aerie because shes blinded more so by romantisicm (I feel) than concentrating on what the party's initial intent is really for.
Remember there are only three clerics in the game, Anomen, Aerie and Viconia, a Lawful Good character would have nothing to do with A priestess of Sharr so if you dump Anomen your out a Cleric.

On the positive side you have an opportunity to alter Anomen’s alignment, increase his wisdom and make a significant change in his life so form a good standpoint he is defiantly worth keeping around. Add to that the fact that with very little work he can become one impressive tank.

I don’t blame you about Aerie, every time I have played a Paladin and taken her along I always end up hacking her to bits somewhere in the game…usually when she is complaining about her wings or something. Strangely no one seems to mind that I hack apart one of my party members in public.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Boy, IronDragon, want to add a spoiler tag to that last statement?