Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 07:43 AM   #1
xixo8
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I made the sphere travel and i made Lavok fell down almost dead.Now i killed two of the three demons and took their hearts but Lavok is unconscious and i cant talk to him or show him the hearts.Also i already gave life to the Golem. What must i do now. HELP PLEASE.
xixo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:49 AM   #2
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Ah ha! You missed out something. The Sphere uses the hearts in an "engine". I think that is a deamon or something. But you have to go to the "cellar" of the sphere and place the heart into the "engine". It is guarded heavily. To find the door to get to the "cellar" you have to go in the room with the 4 runes on the floor. You have to activate the sphere in the middle of the room then touch the runes in the right order. The room is in between where you make the golem and where the golem attacks the Beholder.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:51 AM   #3
Jan

I'll try to explain but beware. This is a spoiler.

You have to go further then the room where you constructed the golem. Eventually you'll find youself in a room with a hugh engine. The demon hearts is used to get the sphere back to your own plane.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:05 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by xixo8:
But Lavok is unconscious and i cant talk to him or show him the hearts.

Did you kill Lavok with fake talk or by bombing him before talking? If so you bugged the game and Lavok won't talk to you anymore. As far as I know you can complete the quest but you'll miss out on some XP and probably don't get the stronghold.
Be very careful with using faketalk on quest-important foes (like Irenicus) because this will make them unkillable and result in a plotstopper.
This is IF you killed Lavok that way. If not I'm sorry for the moral lesson.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:14 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

SPOILER...
There's a room with a door that you haven't opened, on the way to Lavok's lair. Go through that door (after touching the four receptacles in the room in the proper order), and you'll face challenges from the water and fire realms. Finally, you'll get a shot at a room where the engine core lies. Place the heart there. (Watch out for golems that haste themselves!) Once that's done, you'll be transported back to your homeworld.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote