Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2001, 07:35 AM   #1
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I saw the trailer for lord of the Rings. Frodo looks about 10. He's in his fifties not in his pre-teens!
Old 11-24-2001, 07:39 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
I saw the trailer for lord of the Rings. Frodo looks about 10. He's in his fifties not in his pre-teens!

Before making comments like these, you better make sure you know what you're talking about first.
As you can read in part one of the Lord of The Rings, Frodo is just celebrating his 33th birthday there.
I think the cast of the movie is extremely well-chosen. I am so glad they didn't go for all the big names, but for people who've actually proven their worth in acting, who have played in acclaimed television series and prestigious Shakespeare productions... Plus I think almost all of them really resemble the characters they play. I think such a difficult race as the hobbits was done really well, and the orcs just look SCARY!!
The trailer was marvelous IMHO, and I can't wait to see the movie!
Old 11-24-2001, 07:44 AM   #3
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

He still looks too young I think. I agree with the choice of other actors though, big names would have spoilt it. Can you imagine Bradd Pitt as Gandalf, Tom Cruise as Frodo and Melinda Mesanger as Frodo's friend? Or Sam played by Arnold Schwarzanegger? It would be a comedy if it was like that. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 10:04 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Brad Pitt? Shuddeerrr

The big names dont have to capacity to pull something as powerful as this movie. Its too high-brow and its way over their heads..
I dont have a very good impression of most celebrities.. I shudder to think what Leonardo DiCaprio would have done to Episode 2 or Lord of the Rings..

But Hobbits are supposed to show their age slower than humans.. I think they're too big though..but I've only seen the trailers so its hard to judge. The Balrog looks cool, as do the Trolls!

Its gonna be GREAT!
Old 11-24-2001, 06:14 PM   #5
cloud88
Manshoon

what would you say if frodo was played by a 70 years old man whit white hair 1m long?
and they would say:we took him because we want the "adult" touch?
hmmmm?
[img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.