Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

After two years of on and off play, a huge virus on my pc that caused be to have to get another pc (which caused me to have to borrow a saved game from NobleNick (Thank you so so much!!)), and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!!
I just had to let people know who actually care. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now I'm off to beat HOW!

[ 10-22-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: NewbietoRPGs ]
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
Calagari
Manshoon

Congratulations! I give you a lot of credit for sticking it out and completing the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
After two years of on and off play, a huge virus on my pc that caused be to have to get another pc (which caused me to have to borrow a saved game from NobleNick (Thank you so so much!!)), and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!!
I just had to let people know who actually care. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now I'm off to beat HOW!
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Congrats! You must have thought it was worth it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
After two years of on and off play... and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!!
Congratulations NewbietoRPGs!! On your baby, I mean. That is the REAL accomplishment, here. When did this blessed event occur? Boy? Girl? Stats?

You are welcome. Congrats, too, on beating IWD.

Best wishes to you in HoW. Are you going to start a new IWD/HoW game with a new party, start a new HoW-only game with the party that made it through IWD, or use a save from just before IWD's "point of no return?" (The first and last methods allow you to carry your IWD gold and goodies into HoW.)

Really nice to see you back.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Congrats!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #6
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

You managed to beat the game on the night that game seven of the Yankees/Red Sox series went down? Wow. You are much more disciplined than I am. Way to go.

Btw, GO RED SOX!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:39 PM   #7
Calagari
Manshoon

I never watch sports myself. I would rather be on a computer than most anything else. Notice I said most anything else. There are distractions that make being away from the computer worthwhile. Sports to me is just not one of them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dancing Virginia:
You managed to beat the game on the night that game seven of the Yankees/Red Sox series went down? Wow. You are much more disciplined than I am. Way to go.

Btw, GO RED SOX!
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Well, thanks you all for the congrats. I actually beat the game earlier that day on Wednesday so I did get to watch most of the Red Sox game (GO SOX!). As for my little bundle of joy! He was born on August 13th. Yep, only my son would be born on Friday the 13th. He was 8 lbs. 6oz. 21" long. We named him Kyle Richard. If I can figure out how to make sure the picture isn't too big I'm going to post a picture for my sig.

Anywho, I started HOW from a saved game before the point of no return and am now happily wandering around Lonelywood.

I'm sure I'll be asking for more advice soon enough.

[ 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: NewbietoRPGs ]
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote