Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
Floraowe
The Magister

*Just finished the second run through (there's the big sigh), and I decided those guys in the last cutscene are right...I am too powerful. Jon Irenicus fell like a blade of grass. Probably because I removed the xp cap this time Imoen didn't even make it to 17, though, maybe picked her up too late in the game. I'd like to grab her earlier next time, but I'm a little wary, since there's no going back from Spellhold. So how early can you go and not be turned into creamed corn?

[This message has been edited by Floraowe (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 07:54 PM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

The monsters are easier the lower level you are, so you should be able to go anywhere you want at any level.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it
Old 04-07-2001, 08:09 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Hel el, is that bloke in your siggy picture playing with the TV remote? If so, he wants to move a bit. You can;t get Cable out there

Old 04-07-2001, 08:31 PM   #4
Floraowe
The Magister

guess that should have been obvious! many thanks.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:57 PM   #5
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

"those guys in the last cutscene" Is that where there are about seven hooded figures talking around a table, after you finally and completely kill Irenicus, before the credits roll? For me that scene had no sound, not even music. I have no idea what they are saying as the animation is not good enough for lip reading. I guess the silence is a bug? Sound in the rest of the game was fine. Is there a fix?

Irenicus was much easier than Sarevok!

Sherpa Doug
Old 04-08-2001, 06:24 AM   #6
Floraowe
The Magister

yep, that's the one.
I don't think the patch readme specifically mentioned that sound problem of yours, Sherpa. All they really say is that the child of bhaal has become too powerful ,and that something must be done about it. I have all kinds of theories as to who they are, probably all completely wrong!

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 06:59 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherpa Doug:
For me that scene had no sound, not even music. I have no idea what they are saying as the animation is not good enough for lip reading. I guess the silence is a bug? Sound in the rest of the game was fine. Is there a fix?

Sherpa Doug
Sherpa, you need to go into your options and turn the movie volume up.

In case you're feeling very stupid right now, don't! I had the same problem and it took me a while to work it out. That's why none of your cutscenes have any volume.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 10:05 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Hi Floraowe!

You want to be careful bringing livestock onto an international forum - it might end up with foot & mouth you know. Especially since another board member (Ramon) insists on bringing his cow with him too...

LOL

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.