Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #21
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

Question Mark Re: BG1 TRIVIA #4!!

Out of curiosity, was a similar quiz ever made for BG2?
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #22
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Tacked Note Re: BG1 TRIVIA #4!!

Yes, actually. Go here to view the list of "Classic Threads," and scroll down to Miscellaneous.

[ADD] Huh--why doesn't the URL work? Okay, go to the BG2 forum and find the Classic Threads post, stickied at the top.

Last edited by SixOfSpades; 03-10-2008 at 03:21 PM.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #23
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Default Re: BG1 TRIVIA #4!!

A quick sorry to you all about my lack of replys to the quiz. I was halfway through filling it in when my laptop broke, and got taken away to be repaired. I was hoping that I would have got it back soon, but I may not for another six weeks.
I enjoyed what I got to do from the quiz though.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #24
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ironworks Forum Re: BG1 TRIVIA #4!!

Answers to the trivia:

Part 1: Name that NPC! (9 points)
Directions: Give the best answer for the statement or question given.

1. Name the little boy who is spying on Bassillus and his undead followers. (2)
Answer: Footy

2. Prism makes a painting based off of a woman he saw in Evereska. Who is this woman? (2)
Answer: Ellesime

3. Aldeth Sashenstar claims that the druids in the Cloakwood murdered his friend. What is his friend’s name? (2)
Answer: Elban

4. He runs the inn in Candlekeep. (1)
Answer: Winthrop. Everyone got this one right.

5. What is the name of the leader of the insects in the Cloakwood? (Hint: the person is extremely overweight). (2)
Answer: Centeol. Everyone got this one correct too. Maybe the hint was unnecessary .

Part 2: Matching
Loudmouth Leaders (2 points each, 28 total)
Directions: Using the word bank below, match the quote with the character. Every name in the word bank is used once and only once.

-Imoen: You’re all buffle headed.
-Minsc: Magic is impressive, but now, (character’s name) leads! Swords for everyone!
-Jaheira: You couldn’t have made a better choice.
-Coran:I think my new responsibility will be a great deal of fun.
-Dynaheir: A wise choice to appoint the wiser.
-Yeslick: Slow and steady while I’m leader.
-Quayle: At last you realize the potential of my amazing brain.
-Ajantis: I take honor in this responsibility you have bestowed.
-Xzar: Ah, a wise choice for leader. Ha ha ha!
-Viconia: With the guidance of Sha’ar, we shall prosper.
-Edwin: They finally realize my true place.
-Khalid: If you wish, but I’m not a very inspiring leader.
-Alora: Wow! Leader? Me? Oh this will be great fun!
-Montaron: I have no equal, but I prefer to work alone.

Scores were pretty good on this section overall.

Part 3: Notorious Nobles (out of 4 points)
Questions 7-11 are based on nobles. 1 bonus point if you can tell me where each noble is located (if it fits in the question).

7. “Not to be rude, but will you stand a bit back from me? By all the gods, I shall be glad to be back in Waterdeep come the new tenday.” (2)
Answer: Ashen, found by the Song of the Morning Temple

8. True or false: The Elfsong Tavern is a social gathering place for nobles. (1)
Answer: False. There seemed to be some confusion here with this question, but the answer is clearly false. The Elfsong Tavern is inhabited almost entirely by peasants and other low-life citizens of Baldur's Gate. There should even be some bandits on the top floor.

9. What does Lord Foreshadow criticize about you? 1 bonus point if you can tell me where he is located. (1)
Answer: He criticizes your clothes/dress attire. You can find him just to the north of Nashkell.

Part 4: True or False? (9 points)

10. If you have a reputation of 18, you can kill Noober without enduring any penalties to your reputation. (2)
Answer: True. Throw as many rocks at him as your heart desires!

11. Taerom Fuiruim carries a hammer in his hands. (1)
Answer: True

12. Tamoko accompanies Sarevok during the encounter between Sarevok and Gorion. (2)
Answer: True

13. There are no courtesans in Beregost. (2)
Answer: False. Just walk around the town at night and you will see them. There are usually a few in front of Feldpost's Inn.

14. Takiyah and Izefia are both Shadow Druids. (2)
Answer: True. They can be found in the Cloakwoods.

Part 5: Multiple Choice: (2 points each)

15. What is the correct spelling of the wizarding shop located near the Elfsong Tavern?
A. Sorcerer’s Sundries C. Sorcerous Sundries
B. Sorceress’ Sundries D. Sun-dried Tomatoes
Answer: C . Although sun-dried tomatoes might be delicious...

16. What type of item did Perdue lose?
A. A cloak C. A sword
B. Boots D. A girdle
Answer: C

17. Pick the correct combination of the three characters that can give you their autograph.
A. Barry, Carroll, and Carroll C. Darryl, Larry, and Larry
B. Darin, Barryl, and Barryl D. Larry, Darryl, and Darryl
Answer: D. Ah, the infamous trio is happy to give out autographs.

18. What’s the name of the temple by the Friendly Arm Inn?
A. Song of the Morning Temple C. Temple of Wisdom
B. Temple of Helm D. Temple of Oghma
Answer: C. The Song of the Morning Temple is east of Beregost, the Temple of Oghma is in Candlekeep, and also in Baldur's Gate. The Temple of Helm is in Nashkel.

19. Which hafling in Gullykin has allowed kobolds from the Firewine Ruins to enter Gullykin?
A. Jenkal C. Drakar
B. Gandolar D. Alvanhendar
Answer: A

Part 6: Pictures! (11 points)

20. Give the name of the NPC that used to be in this clearing. (2)
Answer: Bassilus

21. In what building can I find all 4 sets of these tiles in the same room? (5)
Answer: High Hedge. They are around the blue electric spinny-thing.

22. In which chest/box can you find Noralee’s lost gauntlets? (4 points)
Answer: 3

Part 7: Miscellaneous (29 points)

23. How many NPCs are showing their teeth in their portraits? Name them. (7 points, minus one for each name you go over)
Answer: Coran, Faldorn, Khalid, Montaron, Xzar, +2 points for the correct number.

24. Oublek the bounty collector from Nashkel can mistake you for Greywolf (if you are a male, that is) and offer you a reward for completing a bounty. If you tell him that you are indeed Greywolf and accept the reward, is it possible to accept rewards for completing another bounty?
Answer: Yes, you can still accept another reward afterwards. (1 point)

25. If your answer from #28 is yes, then how many more bounties can you accept? If your answer from #28 is no, then how many bounties did you miss out on? (3 points)
Answer: Yes – 1 bounty. Prism's emeralds or Brage.
No – 2 bounties. Prism's emeralds and Brage.

26. Name 2 Archdruids in the Cloakwood. (4)
Answer: Seniyad and Amarande. As far as I know, the last Archdruid, Vercengetorix, does not appear in the game. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd be quite interested in knowing where he is.

27. What is the name of the tome you must give the Keeper of the Portals to re-enter Candlekeep in Chapter 6? (2)
Answer: History of the Nether Scrolls

28. Name as many of the doppelgangers in the Candlekeep Catacombs that you can. Anything more than 7 names will count as 1 bonus point per name. (7 + bonus)
Answer: Phyldia, Dreppin, Jondalar, Hull, Karan, Reevor, Parda, Fuller, Winthrop, Elminster, Gorion, Tethtoril. Most people managed at least 7 names here - well done.

29. What are the names of the two groups in the Bandit Camp? (2)
Answer: The Chill and the Black Talon.

30. Shar-Teel will offer to dual you. If you can impress her, she can join your party. Is it possible to kill her during the dual (meaning after you have spoken to her and accepted her challenge, not by attacking a non-hostile Shar-Teel) before she offers to join your party? (3)
Answer: Yes. Just hit her hard enough before she keels in and she'll drop dead.

Bonus: For 3 points.
Who’s next in the list?
Xan, Skie, Tiax, Xzar, Alora, Coran, Edwin, Kivan, Minsc,…

Answer: Eldoth, Kagain, Khalid, Quayle, Safana… It's in alphabetical order based on the length of their names.

Final scores were:

SixOfSpades: Tethoril (90)
ZFR: Tethoril (85)
Ilyich: Ulraunt (82)
Kitana: Drizzt (69)
Kyrvias: Drizzt (65)

Congrats to Six on pulling away with the title again. I expected scores to be lower overall this time, but I was wrong. The scores were pretty impressive.

There is no plan for a trivia 5 at the moment. I have a few questions left over from this trivia that I scraped simply on the grounds that they were outrageously difficult. Maybe one day I'll just compile a small handful of very difficult questions and let you all at it. Who knows?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #25
Ilyich
Dungeon Master

Default Re: BG1 TRIVIA #4!!

82 points. Not bad for a 1st timer.
Ilyich is offline   Reply With Quote