Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 08:42 PM   #1
todd
Welcomed New User

O.K. I have made it to chapter 3 and I have to admit I've never been good at playing games in order. If I wanted to play in order I would have bought that crappy new N64 Zelda game. Anyway, I'm trying to get into the back rooms of the copper coronet. Obviously, I didn't talk to the owner before him and his goons jumped me. They met with a quick demise. Yes, I am in chapter 3 and I'm just now getting back to the teddy bear thing. The kid was already dead so he wasn't going anywhere. I can't get the back doors opened so do I just forget that quest or is there something in the game that can break down a door? (very lame by the way)stuck by a door......

Next question. I've joined with Bodhi and I am trying to give her the shipment but she won't show up anywhere in either side of the graveyard. I go to the front door (other door that can't be opened by any means) and some crazy woman named Food is there rambling. Doesn't matter if it's night or day no Bodhi. I went straight to the docks and came right back. The door I walked out of after she sent me on the quest is now barred from the inside. Was I supposed to look around there for a key first before I left?

What is it with the doors you can't open in this game. I have 6 people in my party and no one strong enough to break down a wooden door???? Don't get me wrong I really like this game but why make me feel like I can go anywhere and do anything I want to only find out later that things have to be done in order.

One last question. I saved right before jaheira gets cursed. I then reloaded and I left her outside and brought everyone in. Of course Baron ployer is there for the easy kill with no cursing going on. My question is since I know he's going to curse her can't I just kill him and be done with it? It's hard to curse someone when your dead. Anyway, thanks for any info and sorry for rambling. Still a great game. =)
todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

It's a little difficult to follow your post; but if I understand you correctly, the only way you can get back in is when you finish the quest.

And there is no order to the quests in any given chapter, once you've received them. They can be finished in whatever order you please, and you can leave as many of 'em outstanding as you wish.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by todd:

One last question. I saved right before jaheira gets cursed. I then reloaded and I left her outside and brought everyone in. Of course Baron ployer is there for the easy kill with no cursing going on. My question is since I know he's going to curse her can't I just kill him and be done with it? It's hard to curse someone when your dead. Anyway, thanks for any info and sorry for rambling. Still a great game. =)

There is a quest involved for getting rid of the curse again and it gives some xp, too. So, there is no reason, not to let Jah get cursed and kill the Baron without the curse.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:43 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

minor spoiler
if you can't get through the door in the copper coronet have you tried going the long way through the slaver stockade, into the sewers and up to the back rooms of the CC?
I'd recomand doing the curse as it gives you nice stuff and xp. [img]smile.gif[/img]