Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I finally added up the number of books I have out of sheer curiosity. I'm up to 740, and eager to add more. No wonder I'm running out of room! I think I have an addiction problem! Anyone else suffer???
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yep, a fellow bookaholic here [img]smile.gif[/img] , though it hasn't been as bad since I joined IW and started chatting on MSN and AIM, gives me something else to do besides reading.

I think I've got at least 100 books though.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 06:45 PM   #3
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

I stopped counting a long time ago, but I've got an entire room filled with shelves. Each shelf is filled with books two deep, and I STILL have books lying around that I don't have any room for! Most belong to the sci-fi, fantasy,, and mystery genres.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:54 PM   #4
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Oh cool someone worse than me lol

But that's my goal - a whole library room full of books

Mine are mostly mystery, fantasy and a few sci-fi, classics and leftover children's books
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:00 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Agreed, I have piles of books. Have long since run out of shelf space. I never leave my house without taking a book with me. I read on my breaks, lunches you name it.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:57 PM   #6
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

My name is Sir Taliesin and I'm and alcoh... (Oops wrong meeting) Book-o-holic!

Gosh! I have no idea how many books I've read through out life. Haven't got a clue how many I have owned. Several hundred I imagine.
However my wife likes to have these little things called garage sells.
They decimate my book collection everytime! Of course that just gives me an excuse to buy more!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:03 AM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
My name is Sir Taliesin and I'm and alcoh... (Oops wrong meeting) Book-o-holic!

Gosh! I have no idea how many books I've read through out life. Haven't got a clue how many I have owned. Several hundred I imagine.
However my wife likes to have these little things called garage sells.
They decimate my book collection everytime! Of course that just gives me an excuse to buy more!
<hr></blockquote>

WHAT?!?

If somone sold my books I would...well.. I would...Well I certaintly wouldnt kill them but sure would give them an ear full!!

Oh, and yes, I am too, am I book-o-holic!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:08 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes. Well. I'm a bookaholic too. I think it is not something to be ashamed of. Is it? Well. Anyway. You are all very fortunate, I think. Counting books is good for you. That's what the psychiatrist said. But me. Well. I'm counting pages. That's a lot more. Yes. Lost count every once in a while. Then I had to start over. But I'm not counting the words. No. I'd lose more count if I did that. And. I don't have the time. No. I don't. Anyone else want to tell their story? This was mine. Sort of. Yes...

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:28 PM   #9
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Legolas:
Yes. Well. I'm a bookaholic too. I think it is not something to be ashamed of. Is it? Well. Anyway. You are all very fortunate, I think. Counting books is good for you. That's what the psychiatrist said. But me. Well. I'm counting pages. That's a lot more. Yes. Lost count every once in a while. Then I had to start over. But I'm not counting the words. No. I'd lose more count if I did that. And. I don't have the time. No. I don't. Anyone else want to tell their story? This was mine. Sort of. Yes...<hr></blockquote>

You ok? You wear starting to freak me out
Old 12-13-2001, 02:23 PM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes, I'm sort of okay. That was what I see as the stereotypical ...-anonymous talk groups (is that an english word pair or just a bad translation?). In reality, I'm still a bookaholic.

I'm happy I discovered the Sword of Truth series, unhappy that the 1000 page books are too short, happy there are more out there and unhappy I'm not that good a writer as Terry Goodkind. I think that qualifies as sort of okay, so don't worry about me
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote