Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 04:33 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Martyrdom Operations

Quote from Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf : "We will do something to them that will be a great example to those mercenaries. I'm not revealing a secret, because working in the dark is useful with these mercenaries."

Sahaf later added that he didn't "think there is any chance" U.S.-led coalition forces "will survive."

Any speculation as to what this will be? I am assuming that he means to send civilians running at us with knives and pitchforks...forcing us to defend ourselves while they escape out of the city by a secret way, and then coming on TV to tell about how much death we caused to innocent lives. Anybody else wanna help me out here? What do you think will happen?

[ 04-04-2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-04-2003, 04:37 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Some southern Imam will summon a djinni to repel the foriegn infidels.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:42 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That is probably the only thing that would stop us...I can't think of anything else that would even slow us down enough to go "ouch".
Old 04-04-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Maybe they're all already out, and the plan is to lure US forces into one concentrated spot and then use a WoMD on us as well as the civilians. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #5
Lil Lil

That would have been my guess too, Timber Loftis.
Seeing that Saddam's bunker can withstand a nuclear blast, they are at liberty to do most anything as they run away underground. Cowards. Bastards.

I figured there was something more to outing the lights than just hindering the movement of coalition forces...when I first moved to AZ the Air Force used to move large equipment under the cover of night right past my house. Of course it helped that at 3 a.m. there was no other traffic.

Everyone say your prayers today.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:25 PM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

I'd be wearing my chem/bio suit in bed if I were in Baghdad tonight.

I'd always figured the regiem would hold out until it was obvious that all was lost... then they move to a "scorched earth" tactic, out of simple evil spite.

so far they have not been able to execute on some of their more destructive ideas (like the bridges and dam that were all wired to blow), so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope this one is a dud too.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
I'd be wearing my chem/bio suit in bed if I were in Baghdad tonight.

I'd always figured the regiem would hold out until it was obvious that all was lost... then they move to a "scorched earth" tactic, out of simple evil spite.

so far they have not been able to execute on some of their more destructive ideas (like the bridges and dam that were all wired to blow), so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope this one is a dud too.
Well Thoran, blowing bridges in a time of war is hardly scorched earth policy or destructive spite - that has been a time honoured tactic over millenia and is just good common sense - frustrate thine enemy. Dams a little less so, but that didn't stop the Allies doing it in WWII.

I do agree though, that they (Iraqii's) have a history of destructive spite - Kuwait certainly showed that.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:44 AM   #8
Lil Lil

I am wondering if what he meant by unconventional means was using female suicide bombers? 2 women suicide bombers killed 3 Army Rangers at the (forgot the name) dam yesterday.

I just saw (at 5:39 a.m. CTS) a Rueters post on TV that a suicide bomber had attacked U.S. military at Saddam Int'l Airport but there weren't any more details and I'll be too busy for a few hours to sit and watch.

I hope this martyrdom is what he was talking about...not that I want to see anyone killed on either side, but it beats the heck out of having our forces or the citizens of Baghdad exposed to chemical/biological weapons or dirty bombs.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:49 AM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

This post had no point and was offensive to some people, so I'm removig it. ~Luvian

[ 04-06-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 04-05-2003, 01:06 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

[quote]Originally posted by Davros:
Quote:
Well Thoran, blowing bridges in a time of war is hardly scorched earth policy or destructive spite - that has been a time honoured tactic over millenia and is just good common sense - frustrate thine enemy. Dams a little less so, but that didn't stop the Allies doing it in WWII.

I do agree though, that they (Iraqii's) have a history of destructive spite - Kuwait certainly showed that.
I'm glad you put in that last sentence, else I would have been forced to point out that burning oil fields are the literal epitome of a scorched earth policy.