Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 09:05 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh do I ever agree! I can't stand those commercials! We don't go to McD's or BK too often anymore. The service is lousy, the food is often cold or not what you ordered and it is pretty high in salt/fat. Not that I don't like the stuff once in a while, but bad service will lose my business pretty fast!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #22
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I really can't eat Mc Donald's anymore... On occasion I might have Mc Nuggets, but that's about it. I like Burger King, though. BK tastes alright, but it's weird-- there are 3 BK's in my general vicinity. One sucks, one is ok and the one I like best is really good. I don't know what makes them different, but they don't taste the same at all... My only problem with Burger King is that you can smoke in their restaurants. Like I'm going to bring my 7-month old son into a smoke-filled restaurant while I eat...
I hate restaurants that allow you to smoke. Some have a smoking section, but it's about 2 1/2 feet away from the non-smoking section, and I'm sorry, but the smoke doesn't really recognize that it's not supposed to come over to my table.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #23
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

MC Donalds rapping crap? I think them burgers are the dopest ya'll! Word up, supa-fly-cheesyburgers kickin in da bass ya'll, w00t!!! [img]graemlins/1djsmile.gif[/img]
Promise me you will never do that again [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]
LoL! Sure thing shadowhound [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And doesn't anyone feel uncomfortable with the commercial where that girl tricks the old geezer? Man, I felt guilty during my next burger
Old 11-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #24
quietman1920

Hate those commercials. We get the one where the girl drop kicks the guys dinner out of his hands and then laughs in his face. Granted, its McDonalds food, so she's probably saving his life, but in what world do they live in that they think that this is Acceptable Behavior?

(tempted to do a parody called "I'm not Buyin' it.")
Old 11-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #25
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
heh, yea those rap commercials suck
but theyre better than those female beauty product commercials that go 'because your worth it'
i reeely hated those
You mean L'Oreal commercials, don't you?

I cringe whenever I hear those [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] You should see the Mary France Bodyline commercials over here in Asia, too. I wish the spokeswomen didn't have to speak those shudder-inspiring lines...
Old 11-14-2003, 09:35 PM   #26
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I dunno, bout you guy's but I just saw the ad for the Kid's Next Door cartoon show (UK version), and I was wondering if it actually got people to watch it based on the ad.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-15-2003, 07:48 AM   #27
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I dont like eating on MC Donalds but when i MUST (my friends love it)then i most of the times only order milkshake i cant stand those pancacke flat burgers who are 1,5 to 2 cm thick...
WHY cant they have those burgers normale like those you purchase in the stores? they are maybe 4-5 cm thick and wery good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 07:55 AM   #28
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
I dunno, bout you guy's but I just saw the ad for the Kid's Next Door cartoon show (UK version), and I was wondering if it actually got people to watch it based on the ad.

Is that that horrible new cartoon show with a bunch of kids with codenames that looks really lame? GOD, why can't they think up something more interesting. ALl the cartoons nowadays are especially made for kids 6-12 years old, for when they get out of school. I'm a large kid, make cartoons for me too will ya!!