Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I cannot stand Daylight Savings Time. What a ridiculous idea and a useless bother. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

*sigh* Oh, well. There isn't much I can do about it, so I suppose I'll simply set my clocks ahead 1 hour tonight.
You really think so? Obviously you haven't thought about it enough. Don't you prefer being awake when the sun's out?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-05-2003, 07:21 PM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Doesn't bother me; I get to sleep an extra hour in the fall.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #13
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I love it in the spring. You see, I work a 12 hour nite driving cab from 6pm - 6am. So tonite at 2 am it will all the sudden be 3 am!
Of course in the fall its the other way around and we all work an extra hour instead an hour less like tonite...
Old 04-05-2003, 08:43 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks for this thread Timber, I had totally forgotten about changing the clocks tonight LOL. One good thing about the time changing in the spring is no more setting sun directly in your face while driving home from work anymore (for us 9-5ers). [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-05-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
... or "Summer Time" as it's called in some other countries:
http://encarta.msn.com/column/daylightsavingtime.asp

So, it serves three purposes.
Safety, Energy Conservataion, Crime Prevention. It was first suggested by Ben Franklin, and first put to use in England during WWI. In the US states don't have to follow it, but if they do they must do it the same way as everyone else.
I thought the only states with a choice about Day Light Savings Time participation were those states actually bordering a time zone. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Also during this weekend, remember your local fire department encourages you to change - not just check - the batteries in your home's smoke detector(s). Why completely replace them and not just check them? Because batteries are easily cheap enough to replace twice a year, but you and your family are not. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2003, 09:55 PM   #16
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Thanks for this thread Timber, I had totally forgotten about changing the clocks tonight LOL. One good thing about the time changing in the spring is no more setting sun directly in your face while driving home from work anymore (for us 9-5ers). [img]smile.gif[/img]
This is a well known argument for the change. Insurance companies are all for it. Trying to understand Timbers post.... Is it a case of some of the states (US) have daylight saving and some don't ?

Bottom line is I like to see sunshine while I'm awake not darkness, so [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] for daylight saving

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-05-2003, 10:02 PM   #17
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I cannot stand Daylight Savings Time.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
You really think so? Obviously you haven't thought about it enough. Don't you prefer being awake when the sun's out?
I freely admit I don't think about Daylight Savings changes until they happen. However, when I do I dislike the idea.

I don't mind being awake whether the sun is out or not. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:39 PM   #18
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Just great, go ahead and rub it in. Not only do I lose an hour of sleep and have to be at work earlier in the morning, now I'm comforted by the knowledge that I'm working 8AM till 9PM so you 9 to 5ers can come shop with all this "extra" daylight. Spring the season for plants to grow and nurserymen to keel over from overwork. (Now accepting pity and sympathy )
Old 04-05-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Quote:
Just great, go ahead and rub it in. Not only do I lose an hour of sleep and have to be at work earlier in the morning, now I'm comforted by the knowledge that I'm working 8AM till 9PM so you 9 to 5ers can come shop with all this "extra" daylight. Spring the season for plants to grow and nurserymen to keel over from overwork. (Now accepting pity and sympathy )[/QUOTE]Awwww, poor Antryg! *HUGS!*

Oh hey, pssst, I'm looking for this tree I want to buy. It has like green leaves, some are bigger than others, and a lot of branches, I saw it while driving down the road and I thought it a nice one. Can you walk me around and show me all your trees so I can find THAT one? Thanks!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-05-2003, 10:54 PM   #20
Charlie
Lord Ao

The reason for Daylight Saving time

Is to save daylight obviously. Same as drawing your curtains at night......it's to keep the light in.

[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />