Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 08:15 PM   #11
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ok, I can see why people would want to have a tiger as a pet, but keeping it in a Wooden Box ?? The animal welfare department should have something to say about that... a tiger should be allowed to run around, in something atleast twice the size of a big dog's run.
If she wasn`t prepared to look after it properly, she should have surrendered it either back to the wild, or to someone who WOULD look after it.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #12
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
I feel sorry for that tiger's ears. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
ROFL! but seriously, nobody who has common sense would by a tiger as a pet! now i've met people with weird pets before, but a tiger? that must win the award for most ridiculous house pet!
Old 09-29-2002, 09:01 PM   #13
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

We had a case up here with a snow leopard, and a 20 foot long snake, if I'm not mistaken. Some people are just dim. I mean, it's tough enough for us to control our dang dog.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:07 PM   #14
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] why kitty go bye bye??? [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I hate it when animals die... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Stupid lady... [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] ill avenge you kitty!!! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] Man! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] That lady isn't the sharpest tool in the shed isn't she??? [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I neeeed a hug...
Old 09-29-2002, 09:08 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza:
What about those two wierd magicians who have all the white tigers. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they got attacked by them.
I saw them when they first performed in Germany... they didn't have a tiger then... Now they have so much money they own a white tiger, unfortunetly, it's so bloody well-trained (or should i say restricted from being it's natural self) that it thinks it's human and tries to ride unicycles and walk upright >_>
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM   #16
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
We had a case up here with a snow leopard, and a 20 foot long snake, if I'm not mistaken. Some people are just dim. I mean, it's tough enough for us to control our dang dog.
As daft as this might be, owning a constricter is as dumb. Something that can break every bone in your body and swallow you whole is something I would not want in my house. The method for feeding these things is so precise that if you were to mess up you'd be dead, of course, it all determines on the situation, and the snake's appetite.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 PM   #17
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

These people must pay... *Grabs compound bow, quiver and plain ticket to Bloomington*
*Realizes that he is still in Seattle with video camera and decides to let the incident go by without any vigilante action*
Old 09-30-2002, 03:45 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, sadly enough, it happens every day. The place where I do volunteer work, IEFS (International Exotic Feline Sanctuary) is filled with hard-luck cases of big cats that were purchased as pets, then abused, malnourished, or otherwise abandoned because their stupid owners "didn't know how to take care of them."

And these are the lucky ones. They now have a home at IEFS. What of the ones who are never rescued? The ones, locked in an apartment, who rip out the walls trying to get to the plumbing so they can get a drink of water, and die of thirst and malnutrition? The ones found wandering the streets of Houston on their last leg, only to be stoned by cruel children or shot?

Human ignorance is only exceeded by human cruelty.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 09-30-2002, 03:48 PM   #19
Lord Shield

:'(

poor kitty

Old 09-30-2002, 03:51 PM   #20
MagiK

We just need to abolish all the laws that protect stupid people from themselves [img]smile.gif[/img] let nature kill them off and clean up the gene pool. The only problem is they might take out some pretty decent people along the way *sigh*