Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2001, 06:52 PM   #1
Desarik the Pirate Lord

I need someone who is strong but can be hasted but isn't too strong (not monk or Kensai-Mage) but who can fight well. please give me a list of desired stats and proficiantcies, race, gender, and allighnment, special abilities9if any. Also A party of npcs that he/she would work well with thanx

Old 03-24-2001, 07:05 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try cavalier or undead hunter, preferable to max out in STR, DEX, and CON. You should usually get 90+ rolls and your CHR is going to be at least 17.

He should either specialize in two handed weapon style or two weapon style.
For two handed weapon, make sure you specialize in 2-handed swords, and perhaps either bow or crossbow. Any extra proficiency put it into hammer.
For two weapon style, make sure you specialize in hammer, longsword and katana. For more role-play aspect one would consider a shield, but I prefer dealing out the damages so I usually ignore shields or the weapon & shield fighting style.

Since he/she will be lawful good, have Nalia, Aerie, Minsc, Jaheria, and Imoen as a party would be a good choice. Or you can take out Nalia and have Jan. Get Keldorn if you don't intend to use 2-hand sword, and have Minsc dual wield axes and maces. Get Valygar if you don't use katanas. Imoen, Nalia, and Aerie can all use range weapon like short bows and slings.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-25-2001, 03:18 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I just started & managed to roll a 90 point Kensai. Here are my stats:
Str: 18/77
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Int: 18 (I put points here as I am thinking of dualling him to a mage later)
Wis: 10
Chr: 8

Are these good? Or should I have rolled a bit longer?
Old 03-25-2001, 04:59 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Those statts are great Hayashi, my palladin has stats of
Str18
Dex18
Con18
Int8
Wis13
Cha17
Old 03-25-2001, 08:33 AM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yes, very good stats! But you can get better with even more patience! My own patience limit once gave me a max of 95, which was great, but I have heard of people getting even more! Note, though, that your best Ability scores come if you choose a class that has a high minimum in one or more abilities, and no penalties! Check out your Manual pages 44-49, and also check the attribute descriptions as you are in process of creating your character. The minimums for your character will be stated. In one case you get a max of 19 instead of 18, too, so that is darn useful in upping your total score!
F.
Old 03-25-2001, 09:28 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Some guy i know claims to have rolled a 102!!!!
It took him about 3.5 hours but he is incredibly powerful!
Old 03-29-2001, 05:04 PM   #7
Desarik the Pirate Lord

bump i really need help

Old 03-29-2001, 05:56 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Desarik the Pirate Lord:
I need someone who is strong but can be hasted but isn't too strong (not monk or Kensai-Mage) but who can fight well. please give me a list of desired stats and proficiantcies, race, gender, and allighnment, special abilities9if any. Also A party of npcs that he/she would work well with thanx
Do you want a fighter, thief or a mage? If you want someone strong and can fight well and can be hasted just pick a fighter/paladin/ranger/barbarian. If you dual a fighter you will still have a strong character no matter what class you choose. Dual a fighter at level 9 to whatever you wish to play with. Personally I like the human kensai/thief.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:47 PM   #9
Lord Shield

To be perfectly honest, you don't need stats that high for the game, although it helps. My half-orc berserker had 19 Str, 18 Dex and 19 Con. As you will find not much later in the game, you don't need Charisma as there is an item which raises it to 18 when you wear it (please ask if you want the location spoiled, but I recommend you find out normally - it's more fun).

Undead hunter was good because of the amount of undead in the game

Old 03-29-2001, 07:33 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My own personal favourite tactic is to create a Figher character, so as to get the good stats, and, depending on what I want him/her to dual to, I give max points to either Wisdom or Intellignce, as well as to Fighter attributes. When allocting weapons skills, ONLY give the skills allowed by the class you want to dual to - you will PERMANANTLY lose any that the new class can't use, which is a waste of points. I then dual as soon as the game has completed the opening cut-scene, with the Fighter at lvl 7. By the time you leave the first dungeon, your new class should also be at lvl 7, and at lvl 8 you will get your Fighter skills back.
Have fun!
F.