Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 03:03 AM   #1
Scumm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need to know how long does it take for Jaheira to get summoned back to the Harper's Hold after I bring the bird to Xzar and the assassin kills him. It has been over 2 weeks in game time since I completed that part of the quest yet she still hasn't been summoned back. Since this event never happens I never get to go back the the Harper hold for the fight with Gavelry. Can somebody please help me out?
Old 03-06-2001, 03:10 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scumm:
I need to know how long does it take for Jaheira to get summoned back to the Harper's Hold after I bring the bird to Xzar and the assassin kills him. It has been over 2 weeks in game time since I completed that part of the quest yet she still hasn't been summoned back. Since this event never happens I never get to go back the the Harper hold for the fight with Gavelry. Can somebody please help me out?
Not sure what the specific trigger for this is, but it usually happens when you are entering or exiting a new map. Is your game patched?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 03:16 AM   #3
Scumm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you Memnoch for the quick reply, in answer to your question, yes my game is patched. I have left the area, and other areas for that matter but it still won't work. Do you have any other ideas. Perhaps do you still have to have the Harper Amulet with you?
Old 03-06-2001, 08:09 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Not sure of the trigger myself. Me, I did the birdy quest, went to the Tavern, slept, came back out, and Jaheira got called away.

Old 03-06-2001, 09:33 AM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't know what the trigger is, but you don't need that amulet--it is worthless.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:20 PM   #6
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Hi Scumm !

I am just speculating here: If you are not running the game on a full installation, according to my experience some of the Jaheira-related quests are only triggered if you are in an area that calls for a specific CD to be in your drive, mostly number 4 with the outdoor areas in the south.

I hope that will help.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 01:36 PM   #7
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I think it is real time realted, like hour or to after the quest.

------------------

Co-president of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-06-2001, 01:55 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
In my game, the first time she got summoned back was shortly after I protected her (or not protected her) from a group of thugs, who tried to rob us after we woke up. Usually the event happen in the wilderness.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 02:29 PM   #9
Dog of War
The Magister

I believe the trigger is when you go to a forest land and try to sleep. I was wandering around and the thug thing happened as well. I have also notcied without full installs certain events occur differently than with full installs.