Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 10:48 AM   #1
Piller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey

I just got TOB. It is great! BUT
I am playing watchers keep in Amn.( the add in)

I am having video problems. the opening movies are odd coloured
and of center. the sleeping movies are the same. also my cloak of mirrors
is not showing up proparly. It shows as a globe, not as a crcle at my feet.
other than this the game runs great!

also i found this tomb( parchment paper) it talks about a hidden mithiril stash, but I can not figgure out where it is any ideas.

thanks

Old 06-25-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I haven't played Watcher's Keep yet, so I can't help you on specifics...but I can help on the other questions.

As for your video, I'd make sure that the game configuation is set to a level that your video card can handle, first. Second, check to make sure your drivers are current. Third, what version of DirectX do you have? You might want to download the latest.

Also, if you've downloaded any third party patches to SoA, they could be causing a problem.

Lastly...the Cloak of Mirroring. That was changed in ToB on purpose. Per Bio/BIS, the cloak now just absorbs spell effects (a la Spell Trap) instead of reflecting effects back to the caster. They nerfed it because it was felt to be too powerful.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-25-2001, 11:31 AM   #3
Piller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have direct X 7.0 is that the latest. the videos were good until i
installed TOB.

Oh. the parchment i talked about was found in shawdows of Amn not on
TOB. just to let you know.

can you change cloak back to the way it was?

[This message has been edited by Piller (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 12:20 PM   #4
Entreri
Manshoon

the newest directX is the 8. DLD it at microsoft.

I have ToB too but did only the first 2 levels. Because my party is like level 10 each of them and getting involve with some balors army is not what I have in mind for now!! But getting all that stuff already is fun, buying the +4 mask sort sword is really great to my grand master dual wielding short swords.

That sucks if the cloak is too powerful and change it ! That was My best item in the game. Damn it!

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 06-25-2001, 05:16 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Piller:
can you change cloak back to the way it was?

[This message has been edited by Piller (edited 06-25-2001).]
only by uninstalling tob.
or if you know how to use the item maker from teambg, you can change the animation.
i have heard that you can dump the new cloak by removing these two files clck26.itm & Icloakmi.bam. however, i haven't tried it, so make sure you save them in case something goes wrong.

i approve of the change in the cloak myself. it was far too powerful. and i like the new effect.

V***V

Old 06-25-2001, 06:39 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
or if you know how to use the item maker from teambg, you can change the animation.
Use IEEP from www.teambg.com to change the spell effect from absorb back to reflect.

------------------