Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 01:50 PM   #181
Helix
Dungeon Master

Well lemme see. I'm a 47 year old male.
Been gaming for about 7 yrs. When I'm not gaming I pose as a Manufacturing Engineer in Houston,
Texas, USA. I became a grandpa 6 months ago.
Oh yeah I have an 8 year old and a 10 year old
at home. Ok so I started early and finished
late
Other hobbies are golf and bowling. I suck at golf
but carry a 210 average on the lanes.
This is my first Wizardy game. I love it. In fact
I gave up DAoC for it. My 22 year old son was disappointed that I did. But he understands. It's
cool to play MMORPG's (or any PC game) with your kids.

Helix
Old 04-02-2002, 05:54 PM   #182
armakh
Manshoon

Or if not a male-only class, how about some male-only eq to make up for those necklaces and stuff. Like an iron-spiked loincloth or something...
Old 04-02-2002, 07:06 PM   #183
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I'm 34, female, living in Virginia, new mama, work (now part time) as a physical therapist.

As for the side male/female issue, I would like to note that I did see a male-only article of jewelry in one of my play-throughs. I would advise against the idea above about the spike-studded loincloth, as it would certainly be a bit uncomfortable, much less damaging one's outerwear.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:05 PM   #184
bandaddy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I wasn't going to post cuz I took to long and saw all the PAGES of replies... Then I found myself reading them and thought "What a cool bunch of folks, not the geeks I dreaded finding I was one of..."

So, I am 33 (as of last week). I have played RPG's since the Atari days of which my father was a dealer and I a programmer of business courses. The earliest I remember were from Penguin Software but I cannot remember any titles. I played Wiz 1 then skipped to 4 and haven't missed one since. I didn't get into any others but did enjoy the First Person RPG from Origin - Dungeon Somethingerother (full graphics and motion - came out in like 91)

I now live in cold San Francisco, CA and work a a major special effects house in the bay area as Mgr of the Network Engineering and Security group.

I want to personally thank everyone for their comments and like many of you found this site a few games back (although it was only about a year ago with Wiz & Warriors for me) Great site, good folks and a wonderful game (one my 2 full pass but have played it many times with fabulous reloads to explore the possibilities)

Thanks again and hopefully we can keep this spirit alive in the real world as well.

-Raleigh Mann
aka Bandaddy (don't ask)
Old 04-03-2002, 10:18 AM   #185
maxkillen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a 57 year old NoDak.
Started playing RPG's with first computer. I bought my computer then went to Egghead and got Wolfenstein and Ultima Underworld (plus Falcon 5.0) then had to have larger hard-drive installed. It was only 60-meg, I think I upgraded to 80-meg, which was pretty large at the time and 2-meg of memory (upgraded from 1-meg). Anyway, I've been playing RPG's ever since. I don't classify Diablo as a RPG (sorry, that's just a shooter as far as I'm concerned). I liked all of the Ultima series. Liked all of the buggy Elder Scroll series and am looking forward to Morrowind. I really enjoyed Gothic, it had a lot of eye candy and a good story. I am struggling through Wizardy 8. My party isn't what it should be, at least not yet. I will probaby get M&M IX and Dungeon Siege
Old 04-03-2002, 10:43 PM   #186
Samurai_Zeke
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi All,
My name is Jeff. 42 year old male, I share the house with a wife, a cat, and a dog. Wife and I have our own computers so we can both play! Been playing computer games since '77. Used to spend nights playing Adventure and Mansion on the college's HP3000. First played W6 (Bane of the Cosmic Forge) and have been hooked on the series ever since. I'm a computer geek and engineer(CS+EE majors) and work at Edwards AFB in So California. Like to 4-wheel, swim, run, bike, and play RPGs.
Like some others my reflexes are not quite up to the "thumb-candy" console games.
Wish I had more time to spend on-line, but I am almost ready to "ascend" so, got to get back [img]smile.gif[/img]
great to get to know everyone a bit.
(Also really appreciate the new server!!!)
Old 06-07-2002, 01:00 AM   #187
Moni

Wow, it is great to see that this thread just didn't die off!
Welcome to all of you who have posted here (if you are still around [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and hello to those of you who haven't!

Where the heck have I been since promising to tally up an average age of Wiz 8 players?
Well, I got caught up in another semester of school and had to really pay attention and study/work hard to keep my GPA up. (finished the Spring semester with a 3.4 damn Math teacher bumped me up to a "C" because I dumped her class at the end of the semester...coulda been a 3.8! idiot-witch. Ah, C'est la vie)
I'm going back in July. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I never did tally up an average...I hope any of you that are disappointed can forgive me, please. (I was down for a few weeks after having a heart attack too if that makes a difference!)
If I remember and get around to it at the same time (hey, I'm old lol) I'll post an average in a new thread with a link to this one and start a new one so people won't be intimidated by all the pages this one has.

You're all a great bunch and I had some memorable fun here when I played Wiz 8 through for the first time.

In the meantime...Bumping for the new members.

Can someoone lock this at 200 posts?

[ 06-07-2002, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 06-07-2002, 11:27 AM   #188
Moni

OK Here it is...drum-roll please!
As of the 187th post in this thread.....

Average age of posters who have posted their age in this thread: 35.283

Median Age: 32

Deviation between youngest and oldest poster in this thread: 60 years

Countries in representation:

Australia~8

Canada~9

Denmark~3

England~2

Germany~7

Hungary~1

Lithuania~1

Mexico~1

Norway~1

Philippines~1

Poland~2

Portugal~1

Russia~3

Scotland~1

Singapore~3

Slovenija~1

Sweden~1

Taiwan~1

United States~71 <---22 different states and Washington, D.C.

Unknown~3

I'll post a link to this thread in a new one so that you newer posters, and some of you lurkers [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img] might continue on introducing yourselves, making new internet friends here at Ironworks and generally supporting each other no matter the age difference or global distance.

I'll stash the paperwork I compiled this on and will someday add the second thread results in for a grand total to continue on if a third thread becomes necessary

I apologize again for this taking me so long.
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Happy Gaming!!!

Mods...lock this thread please? Its HUGE! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 06-07-2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 06-12-2002, 10:02 PM   #189
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

i may have posted before... but thats my curse. a bad memory for everythign except RPG stats and figures

male
melbourne australia
currently unattached
been playing RPG's since pools of radiance on an XT.
no... actually before...
played hunt the Whumpus on the BBC micro!
loved the wizardry series, even though ive only played 7 & 8.
favorite pasttime is fiddling with my Uber computer.
AMD XP1800+ 512Mb PC3200 DDR blah blah blah
my next favorite passtime is fixing and replacing worn out parts! LOL

i work full time as a research scientist.
highly confidential stuff im afraid

think thats about it.
allways thought of myself as "old" regarding these sorts of games... but after seeing the average age im actually a spring chicken!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:05 PM   #190
Moni

Hi again MasterPooBaa!
Yes, you replied in the new thread meant to continue this one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Looks like the mods didn't see my request to lock it up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll bump the other, send out a PM to the mods and hopefully, this one can be let to slide to the back pages before it becomes corrupt from too many replies. There is a link to it in the new poll.
Thanks for taking the time again anyway!

Closed Thread