Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everyone. I was playing IWD with version 1.06 patch and cheating ensued flawlessly. Than I installed IWD/HoW ontop of it and now whenever I try to enter a cheat code I get an annoying little message that says "Nice Try Cheater!" I've done all the steps over to no avail. I even reinstalled, but to no avail. Your forum says 1.05 or higher and my version is 1.41 (including the HoW patch) I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be nice. If you don't mind you can email me with the answer buschmonkey@rogers.com

Thanks Peeps,
Monkey
Buschmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:12 PM   #2
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

correct me if am reading wrong but are u wanting to cheat ???????
Old 10-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes and no. I've been cheating before I installed IWD/How and now that HoW is installed I cannot cheat. I'm asking why has this happened and how can I get around it so I can resume cheating.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Buschmonkey:
Yes and no. I've been cheating before I installed IWD/How and now that HoW is installed I cannot cheat. I'm asking why has this happened and how can I get around it so I can resume cheating.

Thanks
But what is the reason to cheat? A bug or your inability to do something?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
motub
The Magister

Did you change your console entry from CheatersDoProsper to GetYourCheatOn ? The code was changed in HoW.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My point of cheating is none of your concern and your sarcasm not appreciated. I asked for specific information not your attitude. Xen have you never heard of playing the game on power quests or the like?

And motub, thank you. Perhaps I skipped over something in the readme, but I hadn't come across the change in cheat code. Once again thanks.

Cheers everyone.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:04 AM   #7
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

i never cheat
Old 10-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Too Hot:
i never cheat
thats a bit of a random comment Too Hot. He doesnt care if you cheat or not, he wants to know something. It sounds as if it is to do with the patch as it to me though, it cant be HoW. Why dont you uninstall the patch and try then?

[ 10-20-2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]
Old 10-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #9
kroma
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Buschmonkey:
My point of cheating is none of your concern and your sarcasm not appreciated.
Hi Buschmonkey,

Im not sure that Xen was actually being sarcastic there, he may not have meant "your inability to do something" in the way that you took it. He may have meant that you simply cannot find the necessary equipment to progress on with the game, or you might be stuck and need to bypass a section. In short, do not jump on what other people say as being an insult unless you are sure. Then again, he may well have meant it sarcastically - maybe he will tell us?

Just too add my personal opinion on cheating in general (and this is not aimed at you Buschmonkey, its just my contribution to the cheating debate), I have felt like cheating MANY MANY times, to get past certain tough baddies etc. - but each time I have just stuck at it, and kept on trying and in the end you will succeed. It makes you feel much better aswell, knowing that you did something legitimately and through your own skill and good gameplay.

Having said that, once I have completed IWD/HoW for the first time, I may well go back and turn loads of cheats on, just for a mess about... It can be fun to cheat in these sorts of games, but only once you have already completed them IMHO. I have a feeling that this is the stage you are at, you have completed the game and now just want to play about with it. Am I right?

Anyway, thats enough from me!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #10
NobleNick
Quintesson

All,

I used soft cheats (like exporting characters to duplicate neat weapons/armor or incraese my stock of fire arrows, or much more often to increase the amount of expo recieved for a quest). I still feel great about the game. Maybe I'll go through again with absolutely no cheats for more of a challenge.

The point here is that the object is to enjoy the game, which, for some, might mean "cheating." I believe that I would have enjoyed the game a lot less, and even quit, had I not had cheats available. The next time around I believe I will enjoy the game a lot more if I don't allow myself to cheat.

BTW, Xen, I interpreted your comment as a helpful, non-sarcastic inquiry into a possible hard spot with which we (the forum) could help. However, I can see how it could be taken otherwise.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote