Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2001, 01:16 PM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ja sicher, Melusine spricht Deutsch! Meine Vater kommt sogar aus Deutschland.
I have some bitter news to break to all of you...the 'German' you guys got with the translation machine is total gibberish!!!
Also, möchtest du mal richtig diese wunderbare Sprache lernen, frage einfach die Melusine um Hilfe!
BTW I'll even be staying in Germany for the weekend, so I won't be here...
Great idea this thread, keep it up! Poll: OK this should really be in the poll section but anyway:
How many languages are you fluent in? And I really mean FLUENT not just a couple of words you picked up here and there
For me, it's Dutch, English and German. I speak, write, read and understand each of them and even think and dream in them
I do know some French, enough to read simple books but way too little to be able to talk to someone French

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-02-2001, 05:32 PM   #22
Sir_Tainly

Hi Melusine,

Most of the translator machines were poor, but you have to admit the output was funny. The only language I'm fluent in is my own I am afraid, but my french wasn't bad while I was at school. I am very rusty now, could remember the verb to forget, very ironic, yeah I check its "oublier". Still you'll be able to help us with our Dutch, great for those who wish to "visit" Amsterdam.

Have a good one in Germany.

------------------

Old 03-02-2001, 05:53 PM   #23
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

STICK INSECT!
Cool that was I wanted to tell Hellfire that thing he posted the other day looked like!!

No I don´t speak french, if I tried I would probably only have a beer, a good time with a lightfooted girl, or get my ass in serious trouble, cause that is all I know in french..

Swedish! The musical nordic language of the vikings that made you all tremble to god damn long ago, now we only strike horror in some virusmakers and speak bad english

Hey Memny, don´t do drugs, do to much coffe, to much alcohol and to little sleep though.. Hey whats wrong with a Stick-insect? Didn´t you guys have one of thoose cucumber munching little freaks when you were like eight? I did, he or she or what ever it was became zillions spreading all over the place until winter came and Dad opened the doors for 8 hours and the poor bastards all frooze to death.. Yeah the electricity malfunction...

------------------

::WOLFGIR::
Old 03-02-2001, 05:57 PM   #24
Sir_Tainly

Tremble, Vikings bah Hogwash.

Sorry from Anglo-Saxon stock, couldn't let this one go.

------------------

Old 03-02-2001, 06:05 PM   #25
WOLFGIR

LOL
Hehe, wel llong time since no prob.. We had our fighting days, now we are more into scaring the poor Austrians with our skiing trips =)

------------------

::WOLFGIR::
Old 03-02-2001, 06:08 PM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

Personne ne veut parler avec moi ?
Old 03-02-2001, 06:16 PM   #27
Sir_Tainly

Bonsoir Moiraine,
Oui, je veux parler avec vous.

(Well I think I should at least try as I did start the thread)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-02-2001).]

Old 03-02-2001, 07:06 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL
This is all too funny. Melusine, I did try to tell them about those programs! And I'd happily come to you for help with German...I had 3 semesters in college and wish I'd done more. Can't find my books but I am hoping we start teaching it again where I work next year. I will definitely take classes!

"tremble" hahaha...er, sorry Wolfie...another anglo-saxon descendant here...(giggle) tee hee!

------------------
Storm-Queen aka The Purple Rose of the Knight
Old 03-02-2001, 07:15 PM   #29
WOLFGIR

Well, well you ancestors weren´t that full of smiles.. hehe, well I´m not a real viking anyway, partly Swiss, swedish and english... can´t say I master any language other than Swedish and perhaps english.. hardly masters that one..

Old 03-02-2001, 07:21 PM   #30
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL Wolf! Too funny! Had a similiar problem myself when I was young and dad still doesnt know. Two escaped gerbils-one open heating duct. No way to retrieve once I figured out they were there they had to have been uhhh dead. Not wanting to get really yelled at I fixed all the ducts so they didnt do much for a week. Dont tell dad I'd STILL get yelled at