Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i have just restartd playing bg2 with expansion again. Now i seem to have stumbled into a bug which i cant seem to sort out the normal way (load/reload and that kind of stuff). I have absoloutly no idea about using the clua console.

Here is the thing, i have just started so I am in the temple district, and you know what happens when you go into the temple district for the first time. About the cult and all that. Now after the exchange of words and such, the dawnmaster or priest who is suppose to approach me for the quest for some reason does not want to initiate dialogue with my leader. He is able to talk to my other party members fine except for my leader which is the main guy he is suppose to talk to in the first place. He just keeps saying he has nothing to say to me and stuff. I do notice though that he is trying to approach me but cant like he seems to be stuck for some reason in the map.

I have the main mods installed, patches and wiemer's. Also installed is the druidic/socerer kit which i installed and using now as my characer leader. Im in multiplayer mode since I have a shapeshifter companion with me as well.

help guys??

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:46 AM   #2
Heian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im just guessing but it might have something to do with your alignment.
Heian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
Imrahil
Elminster

Is your main guy Silenced or Invisible or something else that would prevent the Priest from being able to interact with him?

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

umm.. nope.. nothing out of the ordinary.. i did find out the problem i think. so thanks for the suggestions.

apparently it was my weimer ease of use multistronghold mod. i dont know what conflicts there are but i uninstalled it. its working fine now. thank goodness! i guess i have to content myself with one stronghold then .

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Do you have all the official patches? Just in case if you don`t have them I suggest you get them. Check the forum FAQ. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

yeah.. i got all the basic important stuff before installing the rest of the mods. . i dont know the apparent conflict but right now, i guess my multistronghold mod (ease of use) is off limits

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-07-2004, 12:57 AM   #7
whathuh
The Magister

never had that problem before. Tis a good thing too.

I think you can install the multi stronghold after you initiate that quest and still get al the other strongholds.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:32 AM   #8
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by whathuh:
I think you can install the multi stronghold after you initiate that quest and still get al the other strongholds.
I use EOU:Multi Stronghold, and this quest worked for me, although it's possible I installed EOU after this encounter.