Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Bungleau, that sounds like it's a pretty important change...don't slight it!

Drew, you and I are gonna have to roleplay in college...are you gonna have a car on campus?

Arledrian, have courage and strength, and appeal to Tymora every now and again...and you might just do it!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, Ilander, you've made me wistful. UK was one of my old stomping grounds when I went to Centre and waited tables in Lexington. I still go out and party in Lexington several times a year with my sister, who lives in town.

Now, fast forward 10 years post graduation, and I'm again entering a period of change -- buying a home. We close on the 18th, supposedly.

Dron -- not too far from UK? Where? Transy? Georgetown? NKU?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:26 PM   #13
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Uni in Kentucky Ilander? I'm not too far off from you then, in a year I'll be heading off to Southern Indiana University. I'm not too worried about it, I'll have friends going there so it won't be too overwhelming I don't think. Just leaving highschool really does suck.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #14
Aerich
Lord Ao

When you reach university, you may realize that you actually disliked high school. I did.

Just make sure you join some clubs (the one that goes out to the bar 3x week is quite popular ) and talk to people in your classes. The biggest difference is that you have to make more of an effort to keep up with your circle of friends (new and old).

My big change was starting law school last year. It required a work attitude adjustment - no more coasting my way to 'A-' grades like in undergrad. I've gotta work my butt off to be slightly above average. My life is pretty stable now, though. School alternating with work. I suppose I'll have some big decisions to make when I get out, however (career path, quasi-permanent job, city of residence). Should be fun.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #15
Animal
Gold Dragon

Look on the brightside...I hear Kentucky has some really good fried chicken.

University is probably one of the coolest times of your life, so look forward to it. Trust me, with all the parties, girls, parties, parties and girls you won't have time to be home sick!

And heh, at least your parents won't be harrasing you to pick up your dirty socks off of the floor anymore.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:26 PM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, first of all, LordK, I wish you luck and hope it won't get much worse than it has.

But I have a big change coming, I'm moving out again, hopefully next week or in 2 weeks, out of my town and to the city, I have a job there as a storeclerk, nothing glamourous but pays well and I can work as much as I want so it will be a great starting point.
The only thing I'll miss here is my computer, I'll leave it to my brother and some of the great people I'm working with at my old job... sigh, changes are always both hard and good.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

well, JC, I hope you still get to visit us!!! Can we work out a time share so that you can visit???

Thanks for all the well-wishes...oh, and I went to Centre last summer for five weeks, which kind of prepared me for some independence, TimberLoftis! I think a friend of mine is going to that one, Aerich, and I wish her luck...

I know you all have heard it before, but I'm really not in the "partying" scene...I've never drank a drop of alcohol in my young life (besides cough syrup when I'm sick)...and it just doesn't appeal to me...

Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #18
Animal
Gold Dragon

Partying doesn't mean you need to drink alcohol. Don't avoid them because of it, get right in and enjoy yourself! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #19
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Partying doesn't mean you need to drink alcohol.

Have you been to America? I've never seen a party without alcohol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #20
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, that's true...I've been to a couple of parties with alcohol, and didn't drink...I did try to get the hapless drunks on the trampoline, however...lol

I think going to parties would qualify for a major life change for me, though...but I may go to a few....