Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 09:34 PM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

It may be easy for me to talk to people over the internet, but in real life it's hard for me to make friends. I guess I've had a few *good* friends in my lifetime. One of them have moved away. His name was Jay Wood III. Taught me basically everything I know about the guitar, (He was really good!) got me into anime, and gave me a few tips on just about everything. Sure we argued from every once in awhile, and yes he did give me a hard time sometimes. But he was a *good* friend and I miss him. Now if only he would email me! What do you guys look for in a friend?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 09:48 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Sometimes some people just click and that is when it is the best.
For me a friend is:
Someone who does not judge you. Someone who takes you for what you are, for the good in you and the bad. Someone who has love in there heart.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 11:26 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Friends are like stars - you may not always see them but you know they are always there.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 01:50 PM   #4
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Wonderful Memnoch.......amen to that.

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:43 PM   #5
Moni

Trust, Honesty, and Respect...the same things I look for in ANY relationship...it does not matter what you look like, what you do, or where you live...you have these three things and you are A-OK in my book!

Memnoch....Very Cool!

Moni

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:24 PM   #6
Charlie
Lord Ao

Dunno, speaking personally. I've never asked for, nor expected anything. i've never been asked for nor been expected to provide anything. Friendship is a kind of understanding, a coming together of two minds/people with no boundaries or rules imposed. If you are my friend and I believe you to be so then we will both know. You will also know, understand, recognise and appreciate that I am your friend also. I will accept, try to understand, love you and defend you regardless, I will not question you, nor your actions though I may disagree with them. I will tell you when you're right, I will tell you when you're wrong, you will do the same for me unecquivocably. Friendship isn't a contract to be entered into, it just happens........YOU KNOW. Friends can hurt you like no-one else can and that's a fact, but if they are true friends and you are a true friend to them then they, and you, will remain so, regardless of your actions or theirs. A comment that was made as a teenager and is still returned to me on occasion is "You may divorce a wife or a husband but you will NEVER divorce a friend". That for me still holds true. Don't look for and try to choose friends, they will appear of their own accord, and when they do you WILL KNOW that they are friends......

------------------
One love, peace.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 06:38 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

A friend is a person you can just pick up with from where you left off, even if you haven't seen 'em for years. A friend is a person you can trust to always be there for you if you need 'em and knows you will do the same for them. A freind is a person you can laugh with and cry with; a person who accepts you as you are 'warts and all'; a person who tells you honestly if they think you are making a mistake - and you do the same for them; a person who may disagree strongly with your views, but allows you to have 'em! A person it is comfortable to be with.
It is nice if they share your interests and humour, too, but not essential!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:30 PM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
A friend is a person you can just pick up with from where you left off, even if you haven't seen 'em for years.

That's the one I have good friends that live in Australia who I see every 3 or 4 years. When we meet again the conversation goes something like....

"So how's it going?"

"Not bad - yourself?"

"Fine! - what are you having?"

Buy drinks, find a seat and catch up on the gossip

That's friendship.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:59 PM   #9
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

A friend is one you can trust with any secret, no matter how deep or embarrassing.

A friend is one who you can trust to tell you the truth about whatever situation you are in, no matter how much that truth may hurt. (And you know that truth was not meant to hurt, but to wake you up.)

A friend is one who is around to support you and help you feel supported as you deal with pain, disappointment, anger, heartbreak.

A friend is one you can be silly with.. be vulnerable with ... laugh with ... party with .. cry with ... share with .. talk with ... who accepts you as you are no matter what.

And ditto to what everyone else said too!

------------------

Do not meddle in the
affairs of Dragons for
you are crunchy and
good with ketchup.
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 09:14 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Most of the Friends that I have met in my life have been an instant type thing. In other words, upon first meeting, there is some connection right off the bat. Something about the way a person talks, presents him/her self, a unique personality that attracts you, that you can relate to, dunno, hard to explain really... It just happens, a natural thing if you will, and friends are just made. They understand you, take you for who you are, flaws and all; they make you laugh frequently; they are on your side when you need defending; they are on your side really in all things.

On the other side of things, there are people on this forum that I knew for months, but had not gotten to know them personally in detail yet; but when I did, I found many true friends. So sometimes Friendship doesn't happen right off, cause when dealing with the Internet, you only get what someone chooses to type, not necessarily the true person, if that makes sense, until time goes by and you truly get to know eachother.

All I know is there are many possibilities for friendship here on this forum

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote