Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 01:52 AM   #11
Black Dragon6
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My system is:
64 mb video ram
80gb hard drive
2.0 ghz processing speed
512mb ram
NVIDIA GeForce3
Black Dragon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 02:39 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Try updating your NVIDIA drivers, that might work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 03:10 AM   #13
Orion

I also think that this game is extremely buggy though I have no explaination of way some people haven't experienced this unless you limit your play to single player which I have only found one bug in so far that is probably rare. This has nothing to do with my system I have a top end system with all drivers updated. If you don't think this game is buggy I challenge you to go to the bioware NWN website and look at their tech support messegeboard there are thousands of complaints there. I have only had a freeze up once, other than that I have had invincible NPCs attack me for no reason, saved games that somehow become corrupt and won't load anymore, the game closes out and gives a program error everytime after a save in multiplayer which is by far the worst, and I always have to start the server twice in multiplayer because of some kind of translation error. When I e-mail tech support finding nothing of value on the messegeboards they suggested I remove the latest patch for the game. This didn't help anything. I have a friend who also bought this game and has also experienced every one of these bugs. I envy those of you that don't have to deal with this for some reason but am very angry at the bioware for not coming up with a sufficient patch yet.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:27 AM   #14
Black Dragon6
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank god someone out there agrees with me thank you orion.
Black Dragon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 06:43 PM   #15
Lord Shield

it doesn't crash on me.

I have encountered problem bugs in it though
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

1) when I was at the top of Luskan mage tower, I decidedd to nip into another room while the main guys were in mid-waffle. When I came back, it did not continue and I was stuffed. Had to reload from beginning of tower

2) Sometimes the game seems to accidentally cut me out of convo prematurely. I had to reload the trial in Chapter 3 because of that

3) while playing a Druid, I could NOT cross from City Core to Docks in Chapter 1. Had to restart a new game
Old 07-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #16
DraconisRex

Originally posted by Orion:

"I also think that this game is extremely buggy though I have no explaination of way some people haven't experienced this unless you limit your play to single player which I have only found one bug in so far that is probably rare."

I've had two or three drops to desktop. But I've got voer 100 hours in the game. Far fewer than most of the other Bioware/Interplay games I've played.

"This has nothing to do with my system I have a top end system with all drivers updated."

I might guess that something else is going on. Maybe you have an incompatible driver loaded. There are some DVD drivers that play heck with games.

When I built my supersystem, I deliberately did not put in a DVD player. I also didn't put in any garbage programs. No TSRs except my sound driver and my mouse driver.

"If you don't think this game is buggy I challenge you to go to the bioware NWN website and look at their tech support messegeboard there are thousands of complaints there."

That's a silly test. Tech support boards are ALWAYS filled with people with problems and a sub-population of disgruntled idiots who make 10s of posts. People who are having a great time with no problems just aren't going to be spending all their time whining about their $54.

Or, let's look at it this way. If you go to a leper colony and beleive the leper/non-leper ratio is telling of the human race in general, you'll get a rather distorted view about the proportionality of lepers in the general population.

"I have only had a freeze up once, other than that I have had invincible NPCs attack me for no reason"

I had that Red Tiger guy get corrupted in a save-game/crash. He attacked everyone. Eventually we slaughtered almost everyone in the Hall of Justice as we kept "respawning" and they kept engaging us...

"saved games that somehow become corrupt and won't load anymore, the game closes out and gives a program error everytime after a save in multiplayer which is by far the worst, and I always have to start the server twice in multiplayer because of some kind of translation error. When I e-mail tech support finding nothing of value on the messegeboards they suggested I remove the latest patch for the game. This didn't help anything. I have a friend who also bought this game and has also experienced every one of these bugs. I envy those of you that don't have to deal with this for some reason but am very angry at the bioware for not coming up with a sufficient patch yet.

So, when you and your friend experience these bugs, is it because you're playing together?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:52 AM   #17
Orion

No my friend and I play NWN with different people often so this wouldn't explain it and I don't see how it could be a driver conflict issue or something of the sort because we both have completely different hardware, I don't there is anything in common between our computers. As for the the comment about the tech support messegeboard I meant only to state that many of these people are having the same bugs show up. I know that not every post there is an intelligent one and some are off topic. Oh yeah and I don't have a DVD player so that's not it. I have invested plenty of time into the game myself dispite the bugs though it is irritating having to work around them. Just yesterday a saved game became corrupt and I had to revert back to my autosave losing a couple hours of game play. Also my friend and I still play though it is quite annnoying that the game closes out everytime the game is saved reguardless of who is the server. I not saying it is a bad game I like it, even though I think the plot to Baldur's Gate was better and never ran into a single bug in that game. Reguardless of anything else I still think that it is the company obligation to fix these bugs even if they by some chance are the result of some driver conflict or anything else because many people seem to have them, not just me.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:49 AM   #18
Nydlari
Manshoon

Orion,
Three questions:
1) What operating system do you have?
2) Do you have a updated anti-virus program.
3) Have you run a full disk scan of your hard drive recently, and I do mean the full low lvl bit-by-bit scan.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 02:23 AM   #19
Orion

I am running XP and I seen the same bugs on 2000. No I don't have and updated antivirus program, for the time being I don't have one installed at all. As for the low level disk scan yes I have I read something suggesting this just the other day actually, though that seems to be a strange thing to have to do for a game. That really doesn't take too long for me though since I havve a seperate games partition. I have scanned scanned and defragmented every partition just recently. So I am still stuck in the same situation. I'm downloading the new patch now hopefully that will help some but I probably won't know for awhile. Meanwhile any other suggestions would be helpful.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:17 PM   #20
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Orion:
I am running XP and I seen the same bugs on 2000. No I don't have and updated antivirus program, for the time being I don't have one installed at all. As for the low level disk scan yes I have I read something suggesting this just the other day actually, though that seems to be a strange thing to have to do for a game. That really doesn't take too long for me though since I havve a seperate games partition. I have scanned scanned and defragmented every partition just recently. So I am still stuck in the same situation. I'm downloading the new patch now hopefully that will help some but I probably won't know for awhile. Meanwhile any other suggestions would be helpful.
How big is you game partition? All the new generation games can create enormous temp files, in 2000 and XP if these files get too fragmented or you run out of room on your drive they can corrupt your save games. If you have at least 200 Meg free on your drive and you have defragmented it recently, this probably isn't your problem. But it was worth checking.

The other possiblity is a simple virus. Many new viruses avoid attacking the operating system in an attempt to avoid detection and instead play around with software data files to rune all your programs. If you are on the net a lot, an updated virus scaner is a must.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote