Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 07:48 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Does anyone here knows how the HAK folder works? I know that if you make any custom content for your module(new enemy skins, new character portraits, etc.), you'd put it all in a HAK file. But how does that work? Can anyone explain?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oook... well I only learnt how to do it yesterday... but its pretty simple.

Once you have a hak.. you unzip it into your hak file (assuming you d/l'd it and it is in a zip [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and then open up your toolset, then on the module you want the hak in go to module properties.. then the advanced tab.. then go down to the bottom where is says hak file.. or something like that.. click on the box next to it and select the hak you want to use.. it then rebuilds the whole mod using that hak.. which takes a LONG time if your doing a large mod.. like a campaign or sumfin... its best to use them at the start before you begin building a mod. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 12:18 PM   #3
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Okay, so i wanted my module to play a start movie at the beginning of the game. Do i convert the file into .hak file and load it into the moudule properties? Then what do i do to get it to load?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote