Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Halbred
The Magister

SPOILER

I am currently in Nalia's hold and i freed it but im trying to kill the stone golem and the iron golem. I have no idea how cause i keep dying... per poison and other stuff.. i can counter the poison but i cannot seem to dent the iron golem ... i killed the other flesh and stone golems earlier. But this last duo i cannot crack...

Oh and one more thing i turend that Bodhi chick down in the graveyard... was taht a bad thing to do??
Old 03-20-2001, 03:23 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

You need +3 or better weapons to hit an Iron Golem. You might want to try the flail of the Ages. Stone golem may only require +2 weapons to hit, but I think that they have to be edged weapons. I don't believe that stone golems are affected by blunt weapons. If you have a +3 two-handed weapon, you can stand out of the range of the Iron Golem and whack him.

If your party is of good alignment, then turning Bhodi down is the best path for your party. If your party is evil, then it is better to accept her offer...sometimes...
Old 03-20-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
Marillion
The Magister

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
Slaying Golems is quite hard sometimes..
You need a greater enchanted weapon.
Don't know exakt how enchanted to harm those but I can imagine +3 or something.
Aboute Bodhi it is now a "bad" thing.. There is just two ways to play the game.
Either you go with Bodhi (a bit more evil way) or you stick with the Shadow Thiefs.

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
I know that it is ideal to kill the golems, but like it was mentioned you need a plus 3 weapon. You can avoid a fight by casting sanctuary and walking in taking the loot and walking out. As long as you don't attack them, you are ok.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:15 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Another way to deal with those Golems, if you want the points, is to open just one pillar at a time. Two golems animate per pillar. If you save game before each pillar, you can discover which one animates the iron golem and do it last. After you have killed the 4 easy golems and got the loot, send in your cleric in sanctuary to empty the last pillar. Return to the door, and fire an arrow at the remaining golems, who come rushing at you. They cannot get through the door, so you can attack them, back off and heal... attack again.. etc, etc, until they are dead; and you are fairly safe during the whole operation....

F.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:48 PM   #6
Halbred
The Magister

Thank you so much everyone.. one more thing though

Spoiler.......

Where do you get Minscs sword? the + 3 one? btw yes i am a newbie
Old 03-20-2001, 09:52 PM   #7
Mishik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

The sword you are talking about (if I understood you correctly) is in the sewers under Copper Coronet.It is a reward for 4 pipes puzzle quest.