Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
livinglibrary1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello to everyone in this forum and thank for your valuable tips.

i have killed the leprechaun because i thought that was the way of proving his existance, but as i know now because i read it in this forum, that´s not the way to do it (funny i have an item called leprechaun´s stick and the guy in the pawn shop says i have no proof).
but the thing is that killing the leprechaun gives a lot of xp and i would like to know if i am gonna have any problem later in the game for killing this leprechaun character because if this is the case i should load a previous game and lose the xp.
livinglibrary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, livinglibrary1!!!

No, you won't.

In the design for the game, killing "good" NPCS would have had consequences but because the game was rush to market, that particular aspect was completely dropped.

You'll have no troubles related to killing the Leprechaun.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Wyvern thus destroys another young conscience.

Fly, young one! Kill everything you see! Nobody will notice anyway [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
Wyvern thus destroys another young conscience.

Fly, young one! Kill everything you see! Nobody will notice anyway [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
hehehe

I've long been known for my stand to leave the nice NPCs alone! (especially Erathsmedor)

Had to answer honestly - the designers omitted the part of the game where in it DID matter. I wish they hadn't but many players enjoy having the option to do what they want - so there it is!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You have already been answered well, I see. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, livinglibrary1 [img]smile.gif[/img] May your enemies in the Gael Serran fall before your blade like wheat before a scythe...

Yep... pretty much, anyone is fair game. They're not consistent, though... if you thought the leprechaun got you some XP, Erathsmedor is worth a TON! My assassin went from level 20 to level 50... she probably could have gone from level 1 to level 45

And I agree with Wyv; it's too bad the effects of violating your sacred oath were not included in the game. It would have made a difference...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:09 AM   #7
Griefmaker
The Magister

It is fun to kill Mr. "rat pie" Stout and his brother--those two annoy me [img]smile.gif[/img] . Plus, I am sure that your sacred oath is wise enough to understand the difference between nice NPCs and annoying ones. The annoying ones must be weeded out to let the nice ones proseper. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you want to have fun killing NPC's--take on the dwarves in the stout mines! I took them on out of frustration. Itried every stinking pick axe I could find to try to get the dragon ore for the dragon plate needed for The Dragon Spire. I kept getting "something is needed". Totally frustrated I went back to Freyedies and when he told me he couldnt do anything my team went ballistic. My warlocks hit him with an iceball and a flamestrike. The rest of the party made like the Roman Senate and it was the Ides of March for the Stout king. Of course, Every dwarf in the place started hurling axes and miner bombs. I only suffered one casualty but it was quickly solved by a resurection spell. When I finished off his guards I started looting and found not one but TWO suits of Dragon Armor plus a whole bunch of treasure. I only had one worry when I went to leave and that was facing Pastafagiola at the door. I had a vision of him refusing to let me out and having to fight stout guards for the rest of my natural life. Every stout that saw me immediatly attacked after I killed old french fry. He let me out as if nothing had happened. The XP helped level everyone in my party. Being evil can be fun. My only regret is that I didnt have old french fry make me a set of dragon armor, then I would have THREE. I guess RPGers are just like corporate raiders---GREED IS GOOD.