Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 04:05 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

A Quiz!!! (post ur answers before scrolling down- no cheating now)

1) Theres one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it ??

2) What famous North American Landmark is constantly moving backward ??

3) If all vegetables, only 2 can live to produce for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only 2 perenial vegetables ??

4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possesion of the team on Defense, and in which the offensive team can score without even touvhing the ball.

5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside ??

6) In many liquor stores, u can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, the bottle is genuin. How did the pear get inside the bottle ??

7) Only 3 or 4 words in the english language begin with the letters 'DW' They are all common. Name 2 of them.
(versions of the same word do not count as separate words, eg plural)

8) There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can u name half of them ??

9) Where are the lakes refered to in the Los Angeles Lakers ??

10) There are 7 ways in which a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on Balls-a-walk is one way. Name the other 6.

11) Its the only vegetable or fruit which is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked or in any other way but fresh. What is it ??

12) Name 6 or more things that u can wear on ur feet that begin with the letter 's'.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:37 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Strawberry.

6) In many liquor stores, u can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, the bottle is genuin. How did the pear get inside the bottle ??

When the pear is still young( and thus small), they place an empty bottle around it and let it grow inside while still attached to the tree.

7) Only 3 or 4 words in the english language begin with the letters 'DW' They are all common. Name 2 of them.

Dweeb, Dwarf.

8) There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can u name half of them ??

Full-Stop, Comma, Colon, Semi-Colon, Quotation Mark, Question Mark, Exclamation Mark, Hyphen, etc... ...

11) Its the only vegetable or fruit which is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked or in any other way but fresh. What is it ??

Er... that green vegatable that you use for garnishes?

12) Name 6 or more things that u can wear on ur feet that begin with the letter 's'.

Shoes, Slippers, Sandals, Skis, ?, ?

Note: I know nuts about USA culture, so I skipped those.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:46 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

1) who wants to be a millionare? LOL, how about gambling?
2) something has to do with an altitude thingie? I forgot where it is, but I know it is in United States, near east cost
3) dont understand the question
4) baseball

12) add to Dundee's answer: socks, single sock, stinky socks, snowboard

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: 250 ]

Old 01-09-2002, 06:01 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Dundee, u forgot skates and socks.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:03 AM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:

1) Theres one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it ??
-It's called; "Mairead Always Wins."

-um....Statue of Liberty?

3) If all vegetables, only 2 can live to produce for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only 2 perenial vegetables ??
-corn and potatoes

4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possesion of the team on Defense, and in which the offensive team can score without even touvhing the ball.
-same as above

-I know this one...but I forget

-they grew it in there

-dweeb, dwindle

.,;:-?!

-no idea

10) There are 7 ways in which a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on Balls-a-walk is one way. Name the other 6.
-hit by pitch, interference, bunt, error, dropped third strike, and...argh...I should know this..

-parsley

-sneakers, sandals, shoes, slippers, sandwiches, and studs
Old 01-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

OMG, how did I miss four! Ach! D'oh! *Slams head on teh table* I need more sleep, it's too early...
Old 01-09-2002, 09:29 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

That's a really good go Lioness!
I don't know much about the other questions, but you can get preserved parsley easily (in a jar chopped and preserved in vinegar, in a tube as a puree, frozen, or dried) so you might have to rethink that one. I can't think of anything off the top of my head as an alternative answer though.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:54 AM   #8
fable
Quintesson

Dating.

George Bush.

Dick Clark, and Charleston Heston.

Any strategic computer game that cheats.

If you're going to keep throwing food questions at me, I'm going to ask you who the most celebrated Armenian classical composer has been over the last fifty years, so watch out. I play tough. [img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img]

Simple. They grow the pear first then bury it, and wait for volcanic formations to occur. Then, after the lava flows finish, they dig out the pear, surrounded by cooled silica. That was easy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dwell. Dwindle.

Sure. Why, do you want to know them?

You're getting awfully nosy. Why don't you ask the LA Lakers, if you really want to know?

First it was vegetative life, now its sports. You seem obsessive. Why don't you try something else for a change? There's more to life than taking a cumquat to a football game, you know.

HA! I knew you'd return to discussing vegetables. I just knew it.

Socks. Shoes. Slippers. Sandals. Sneakers. Stockings.

Also sutures, sinks, sourdough and SAMs, but you probably don't want to know that.
[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 12:36 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Now question 11 is just bugging me.

I thought Avocado - but that's sold processed in guacamole
I thought banana - but you can get that dried

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Tell me now! This is the kind of thing that has me staring at the ceiling at 3am when I should be asleep....
Old 01-09-2002, 02:31 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Now question 11 is just bugging me.

I thought Avocado - but that's sold processed in guacamole
I thought banana - but you can get that dried

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Tell me now! This is the kind of thing that has me staring at the ceiling at 3am when I should be asleep....

Maybe mushrooms, assuming they're considered a veggie?