Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Welcome to the newest funnest place I've thought up of. THIS IS NOT A CLAN. But its a place where a village starts out small, and you can move in, build what you want, and live your own life. It starts off with just the Government building and a few houses. The Town Supervisor is me of course, but people can join the council as time progresses. There will be town meetings, people will vote on where to place things, and everyone can play a part. We can have different political parties running for the courts, guards, education, magic and such. So this is where all character traits come in handy, and you can allow battles, barfights, and such, but hopefully the guards will be trained to patrol places. Remeber, if security is bad along with education and magic plus the court systems, the city can become a city of crime, so if you want to run for a head of a department, you better be convincing. But if your head of your department, you should maintain the budget i allow. You can be a blacksmith, a bartender, or you could just be the bill gates (not favoring US, but he's the only rich person i can think of) of our city. Live the life you want, this is Waterdale, and this is the virtual city which will be fun to do, but who knows, an army could come to destroy it? Just post a message to join or what you want to do, THIS IS NOT A GUILD MODERATORS.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm, if this place turns out as good as it sounds to me, I think I'll apply for the spot as a bartender in one of the local pubs, and if we're allowed to name the pub, I think... 'The Bear's Arms.'
Old 02-22-2002, 04:31 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Is this village Ironworker only or are there NPCs? And, can one player control more than one person?

'cause if it's just one person each and no npc's, we should start out bydividing the things which have to be done (we'd need a merchant first to provide goods, but if we are to buy from a merchant we need export to raise the money. So, for example,we could hold sheep in a pen, or buy the wool to make cloth out of it, and so on. If we're self sustaining, we would need farmers and woodsmen and so on)

BTW, I am applying for the job of woodsman, chopping trees for buildings and firewood, hunting small game and things like that.

It's a good idea, but we'd need a good deal of people to make this work. Maybe we could get immigrants from the other forums?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 02-22-2002, 04:43 PM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel

If only we could increase actual numbers.
Because many of the near 7000 members only register to ask one question, if we could maybe put a sticky in the BG2 foryum etc, which suggested to visit GenCon and stay, we'd have more actual active members, and wouldn't necessarily need extras, unless they want to join too, the more the merrier.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:51 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

NO NEW CLANS!!!

Just kidding...

This sounds like a really great idea! I hope to see it become successful. You know what would really set it off? Have a town map drawn up for visual realness, and host it online so that we residents can access it at will.

Spree may be able to help you with that...

Now, Mr. Mayor...would you like me to be ebrolled in your town's attendance? What would you have me be??? I would like an idea, though I may later choose for myself, unless you need me to be something.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I'll be the local mage/healer, I'll make potions and minor magical items, as well as heal people, if noone minds of course.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:59 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes Larry, that's indeed what we'll see here. At first you'll have to fill the jobs we really need, and only after that can we 'do as we like'.

It may also be fun to keep character records, maybe put them online along with the map, just to see how long everyone's lived there, what jobs he or she has had, any training, things like that. On the other hand, that may be more work than it's worth.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Legolas ]

Old 02-22-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel

In that case, should we post character profiles in this thread or somewhere else??
Old 02-22-2002, 05:03 PM   #9
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I'd be the principal at the local school, if I can choose..
And I think this is a great idea!
Especially if we could have maps and such
Old 02-22-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Assuming this is alright, here's my preference:

Just a guy named Joe: Working stiff looking to strike out on his own as a carpenter and builder.

After all, if this place is gonna grow ....
Closed Thread