Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 11:38 PM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

what genres are people working in for thier modules?

what genres would you like to see people working in for modules to play?

i'm working on a classic ad&d fantasy mod, but would really love to see one set in modern times, maybe with a super hero theme.

Manikus' Dungeon Craft

[This message has been edited by manikus (edited 09-08-2001).]
manikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 10:25 PM   #2
Sir Jerome De Rouen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Manikus!

Im working on a fantasy setting. It is based on my 2nd/3rd ed D&D pen and paper world.

I would like to see different genres though as well. Super heroes would be cool.

I would also like to see differnet fantasy / technofantasy worlds. I thing something like Shadowrun or Cyberpunk would definatley be achieveable and lots of fun to play aswell.

------------------
The Cauldron - http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jeremy77/index.html
Sir Jerome De Rouen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 11:09 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

an old college buddy of mine used to play shadowrun, and i always thought that it looked interesting. sadly, i never had the time to play it.

it would be great to play a shadowrun game on dungeon craft, though.

the fantasy setting i'm working on is all 2nd ed, part of its new for the game and part of its from the last p and p i ran. some of these characters have been around for three or four years, and i'm working hard to get them right. (mostly art issues- in my head i know exactly how they look, on screen, well that's a different matter... )

------------------
manikus
www.geocities.com/manikus5/dc/index.html
Old 09-18-2001, 09:16 AM   #4
manikus
Jack Burton

what do people think of the world of darkness as a setting? i'm not sure how easy it would be to do in dungeon craft...could be fun to try though.

------------------
manikus
Old 09-18-2001, 06:35 PM   #5
Sir Jerome De Rouen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some would be easier than others im sure..

But for Vampire this is how I would do it..

Each clan is a seperate class. The disciplines are all spell spheres. first level spells would be your first level disciplines, second level spells your second level disciplines etc. Only clan disciplines are usable by members of the clan.

How you wanted to handle the "memorizing" of the "spells/disciplines" is up to you, not sure how to do that, maybe use mage spells rather than cleric so that you have to find other Vampires to teach you the higher level Disciplines, rather than automatatically getting them.

The storytelling aspect would be easy to recreate, the atmosphere just relies on your story/graphics/sounds.

I think it would be very do-able and I would love to see it!! I am playing my first Vampire chronicle now, we have been playing every weekend for about 7 months..

Cheers, Jeremy
Old 09-18-2001, 07:17 PM   #6
manikus
Jack Burton

i'm mostly a mage player myself, i tried werewolf once, but the storyteller aspect was a lot harder for our gamemaster to pull off.

if i were to retrict the vampires to two or three clans, which do you think (or anyone else) would be the most important to represent?
the same goes for werewolf and mage...i'm not going to use any of the other products, as i don't own them and i'm not familiar with them.

------------------
manikus
Old 09-18-2001, 08:13 PM   #7
Sir Jerome De Rouen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why only two or three clans?

it would definately depend on the story I think.

what would the story be about?

do you want to allow sabbat or independants?

I think Ventrue and Tremere, maybe Brujah, Nosferatu depending on the story.

They would give a basic cross section of Vampire society without including all the clans.

Jeremy
Old 09-18-2001, 11:50 PM   #8
manikus
Jack Burton

i was thinking of using only two or three clans b/c i want to use two or three disciplines for mages and two or three tribes for werewolves. i'm not sure how i will work classes into this but i was thinking that you would choose vampire, mage or werewolf as your race, hence a couple of choices for each. this is still in the really early stages of thinking this out...

i may opt out and do a mage only design with some vampires and werewolves as npc's. but i'd like make a broad background...

thanks for the help.

------------------
manikus