Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #101
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Woohoo! Congrats, Stormy! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #102
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Hey everyone. Not much happening here today...did a couple hours of work for my mom and now I'm going to go spend some time with Chris. I'm going to be around my friends all week [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll post updates of what's going on with the divorce in Cloudy's now...nothing new as of yet except that my mom was talking to the lawyer when I walked into the office this morning
There isn't any rush, believe me. It'll take about a year or more. Thinking of you, Jen. Good afternoon, all.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #103
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Good evening to you Attalus! Thinking of you also LB, I think most people are!

Well I had a grand day today. Did some jobs, then spent some time on the computer, and spent some time with my girlfriend. Can't really beat that kinda day.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #104
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Woohoo! Congrats, Stormy! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
thank you, thank you
LB I hope everything works out for your sake, even if it is just the divorce, I hope it is a clean one, and not alot of circus going on....
Old 08-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #105
wellard
Dracolisk

Good news Stormy. I cannot begin to fathom what sort of stress you and hubby must have gone through.

Lady Blue, like others I to hope it does not disintegrate into a circus of pain and pettiness and wish you all the best. Don’t be shy about posting problems here, many people around this forum can offer good advice and open ears

[ 08-16-2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #106
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

gotta go mow my sis's yard, but I wanted to stop in and see how everybody (esp LB) was doing...

Hope you all afe doing well...wish my finger would heal up...

There was a diseased cat at my sis's house, and it was hissing at her kids...so she asked me to lure it in with a piece of lunchmeat and hit it with a shovel...well, I know it's for the best, but I still don't like the idea of it...is it wrong for me to kill an animal that's acting like it's gone mad, and also seems to be dying?

I hope not...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-16-2004, 07:02 PM   #107
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

nope, ti is alright, because the chances the animal will ahrm a child is very strong, so protect the children, but then again, I would just call animal control and have them come out, the cat might just be in pain from a injury :/
Old 08-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #108
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Lady Blue, like others I to hope it does not disintegrate into a circus of pain and pettiness and wish you all the best. Don’t be shy about posting problems here, many people around this forum can offer good advice and open ears
Amen. I am very concerned for you, Jen. It's terrible something like this coming out of the blue.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:22 PM   #109
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I hate to do it...I REALLY do...I like cats...but it had to be done...and I'm pretty sure the cat's terminally injured...I just need to find it...

I got a terrible shock on the way home...I heard something on the radion that really bothered me...but I started a thread on it in B,M&TV, so, discussion there...but really, why would a rapper dub over an Ozzy Osbourne tune? Have they just completely run out of ideas???

EDIT:for some reason, the background in the Cafe is slightly darker than the background of other threads, using the same browser...

[ 08-16-2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:53 PM   #110
Nerull
Lord Ao

Rappers are always stealing...oops, I mean using...other peoples' songs. Called "sampling" (as in I sampled it, liked it, and took the whole thing for myself).

Well, just got back from buying my book for school (yes, only one book). It was $107.75 used (and weighed a ton). I was going to use half.com, but they wanted nearly $100.00 for a new one (and the shipping on that heavy of a book). They are not using the book after this semester, so buying a new one was useless in my mind.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
However, four things annoyed me. One, the instructor waited until the week before classes to turn in her book request. Two, every semester, she insists on recommending this one book of questions as a "study guide", regardless of which class you are taking. The book of questions is nearly $100.00 in itself, and I have yet to see her use a question even near one of the questions on any of her exams (worthless book that they never buy back, because it updates every year). Three, one of my classes states "no texts required". I don't know if I believe them or not.

However, four was the blackmail...oops, I mean system...that the main bookstore on campus is doing. I went to another bookstore just because of it. When you go on their website, if you try to buy books, they will not let you see the books that you need for the class. Instead, you immediately go to a buy screen, where you put in the courses, whether you want just the required books or all of the books (no other choices), and put in your credit card information. That's right, you have to buy the books, without knowing what you are buying or how much it will be. And by doing so, it locks you into buying the book there, because when the book shows up at the store, they immediately charge it against your account (they state they will do so, and in the submit part it states by pressing submit that you agree to let them do so). Per a friend who agreed to it, they only show you what you bought after you agree to buy it. On top of it, they disable your browser navigation buttons, and the only button on the screen is to submit. I literally had to shut down the browser to get out. Gee, I wonder how bad their prices must be that they literally have to make you agree to buy something before you even know what it is.

Sorry, I just had to get that off of my chest.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin