Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 08:46 PM   #21
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Good advice MagiK. Been tried too. Remember, it's been two years having one rust bucket at his moms to ride for two years now. It's been mentioned by teachers that he is a bit immature for his age. He's kind of in his own little world and doesn't pay attention to what's going on around him. It shows in his schoolwork too. His mother and I have been driving him like crazy, and it's helped his schoolwork a lot. His grades are up and his tests are looking good. He should completely catch up reading skills this year. You still have to keep your boot on his butt 24/7 to keep him going. As soon as you stop hounding, he stops doing! During the summer, I call him from work repeatedly to make sure chores are done, teeth are brushed, etc. I was just wondering what I should expect from a child of ten. Am I expecting too much? Do all ten year olds require constant supervision to attend to their responsibilities?
I swear, its like your describing me at 10. I would venture to guess that he is actually very intelligent, but extremely unmotivated. My problem was not that i couldnt learn information or remember instructions, it was that unless it was important to me for some reason, i didnt care enough to remember it. My grades stunk, not because i couldnt learn but because i didnt care enough to do the home work. I didnt start brushing my teeth and bathing regularly without being told by my parents till i was a teenager.
Also as a warning, just because a child is dreamy, forgetful, and unmotivated, doesnt mean they dont plan. They just tend to plan things you wouldnt normaly think about. I had a tendency to be very secretive, destructive, and had a propensity to lie about anything and everything. The lying thing improved with age, to the point that once i was into highschool, nobody new anything about me that i didnt want them to.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman Rogovich:
i see , in that case i was one from about 8 yrs onward but i coped infact i enjoyed it

yeah, I was 7 but I had older siblings. It was fine until the day the house burned down...waiting for mom to get home and kick our butts for it...she was so devastated by the loss that how it started didn't matter and it was ruled an accidental fire...none of us knew my brother started it until about two years ago when he confessed.
It was OK after that too but mom was a little nuts and she would break radios if we had them turned up too loud when she walked in lol.

[ 07-15-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-15-2002, 08:51 PM   #23
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I was a latch key kid from the 4th grade on. when we moved to the town i grew up in we bought a house with an electric garage door opener that had a key pad outide that would open the door if you knew the code. this was very fortunate since i had a bad habit of forgetting to take my key with me, and could get in without it. Of course forgeting my key tought me how to break into houses very well. we used to break into the new houses that were being built just for fun.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #24
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

im 17 now and have lost my house key twice this year lol
Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #25
Moni

lol
A number of years ago I bought myself a keychain that said "I wonder what your head would look like on a stick?" to get myself to stop locking them in my car. Worked like a charm.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #26
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

its agood idea for sure lol!