Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Everytime i start up my computer, there's this RUNDLL error message popping out:

----------------------------
Error in NVQTwk
Missing entry:NVCplDaemon

How do i fix it?Is my computer missing any files?I suspect that it has something to do with my display drivers.

I have a nVidia GeForce 2 pro 64mb as my video card.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
Old 07-13-2002, 08:09 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I can sense a format coming on !
Old 07-13-2002, 08:27 PM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

What OS are you running ??
Old 07-13-2002, 09:16 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I get that message too, doesn't seem to be anything about my comp that's messed up, though. It happened just after I upgraded my video drivers.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:49 PM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Try reinstalling the drivers? Or uninstall then reinstall? If that doesnt work try formatting (yeah I know, THAT SUCKS)
Old 07-14-2002, 05:54 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I don't see any reason to, it doesn't seem as if anything is messed up and things have actually been MORE stable since I started getting that message. It's simple to just click it away every time I start up my comp.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
Everytime i start up my computer, there's this RUNDLL error message popping out:

Error in NVQTwk

How do i fix it?Is my computer missing any files?I suspect that it has something to do with my display drivers.

I have a nVidia GeForce 2 pro 64mb as my video card .
I think that's the Nvidia Quick Tweak that sits in your system tray. Go to Add/Remove programs and remove the NVidia drivers completely and then reboot. Your screen will default to 640 X 480 with 16 colours, but that's okay, you want to gid rid of all traces of the old drivers. Then go ahead and install the new drivers. I would suggest disabling Quick Tweak as it does nothing but eat system resources anyway.

[ 07-14-2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Animal ]
Old 07-14-2002, 06:25 PM   #8
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

a simple solution would be to download and install a new copy of the detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com
Old 07-15-2002, 02:10 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:

Error in NVQTwk

I have a nVidia GeForce 2 pro 64mb as my video card.
You installed the nVidia Tweak progam, and somehow a dll got removed. go uninstall the Tweak program, and reinstall it.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-15-2002, 01:23 PM   #10
theholyavenger
Manshoon

When i bought this computer, my retailer didn't help me install the display driver for my video card. It's until now that i realized my video card is using the driver that Win ME provided. So then i removed the display driver from the device manager from the control panel and installed it again with my video card cd, but now this message pops out everytime i start window.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn