Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 12:09 PM   #61
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Mel... did u dislike it lots? what does GPA stand for again? awwww...*cuddles* I'm sure ur GPA is doing great! and I bet it's gonna climb to a unprecedented height now! ~wink~

Awwww Vaskez, thankiees for telling me all about the courses I always get really confused by all the jargon in the syllabus'*beaming* Electronics sounds right up my street! Although I find mechanics incredibly dull ~makes a face and scrunches nose up~ but I'll survive, I mean...how hard can it be? *gglz*

What I'm really wondering is what skills I'll need in the future.. how the industry's moving... what kind of jobs are around what kind of skills are needed etc...

You're an enigmatic person Vaskez (you're profile doesn't have anything on it, not even ur msn ID etc.) I don't know your real name, age, where u live (I'm guessing U.K.?) whether you're at uni etc.. you sound like you've done this electronics stuff though... have you? You haven't even told me whether you're female or male... although all the signs indicate that you're a male "rude boi". *winkz* the sunglasses, the gold chain, the puffa ~grynz~ I'll bet you even walk with a slight swagger *ponderz* though I could be totally wrong and that's just u dressing up...~wry grin~ Eleanor (one of my close friends) would totally Wolf-whistle at you if you walked past us *chuckles*

Avatar...! Just cuz u do Engineering at Cambridge University! *stix my tongue out at u* masking tape my butt! What would you're parents say? I can just imagine it... "ni zheng mei you chu xi!" heehee.. actually, that's more like what my parents would say to me ~grimace~ they're always going "ni zheng rang wo shi wang!" ~poutz~

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]

Old 01-20-2002, 01:31 PM   #62
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What?? You mean you can't tell whether I'm male or female from my photos? Hmmm....better get some clearer photos made hehe.
Heh, I don't usually wear the cap and gold chain, that was just for a laugh, but I wear that jacket all the time and shades sometimes, but I do listen to rap and almost nothing but rap. That should give you enough to go on. Oh and yeah, I live in UK but am originally from Hungary. Anything else you wish to know babe? Oops, I didn't mean that Avatar, no don't hurt me!

How is the industry moving eh? Well the most important programming language you can learn for your carrier is C and/or C++ and 2nd most important is Java. If you wanna go into hardware, then you must learn Verilog or VHDL. VHDL is used more in Europe and Verilog more in USA.
Learning about communications is a good carrier move as you can see by how much the mobile phone industry for example has grown in the last 5 years and you learn loads of Comms on an Electronics or Computer Engineering course. Other than that I can't say anything for sure....

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-20-2002, 03:59 PM   #63
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Weellll ~arch look at Vaskez~ I don't yet know your shoe size, height, weight, first name, middles names, last name, which city you're living in, what your msn ID is, what your e-mail address is, your marital status...etc *gglz* nahhh... that can come later ~winkz~ I was wondering if you have done an Electronics course or something. You sound so knowlegeable about it ~smilez~ and how come you haven't added me to your msn yet?

Mmm.. okkiez I have to admit... you are a male ~chuckles~ happy now? *mock indignation*

ohhh well, if you don't wear the cap all the time... your status goes from a "rude boi" to a "rude/cool boi" it really depends on if you wear big baggy trousers too... oh and how sporty u r cuz if you're seriously sporty u become a jock ~chuckles~ *LOL* ~pretends to take myself extremely seriously~ I know everything my lad.. I'm always right ~mock pontificates~

oh, don't you call most ppl by endearments? I have to admit that's a bad habit of mine ~grimace~ makes it hard to distinguish between when I mean as in "light of my life" and when I mean "person who could be friend or is friend"

hmmm...industry... don't u wish you had a crystal ball sometimes..? Life would be so much simpler... do you think you could survive in the business environment where emotions shouldn't cloud your judgement? by the sounds of it you're moving in the communications direction *grynz* u having fun?
Old 01-20-2002, 05:15 PM   #64
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
Weellll ~arch look at Vaskez~ I don't yet know your shoe size, height, weight, first name, middles names, last name, which city you're living in, what your msn ID is, what your e-mail address is, your marital status...etc *gglz* nahhh... that can come later ~winkz~ I was wondering if you have done an Electronics course or something. You sound so knowlegeable about it ~smilez~ and how come you haven't added me to your msn yet?

Mmm.. okkiez I have to admit... you are a male ~chuckles~ happy now? *mock indignation*

ohhh well, if you don't wear the cap all the time... your status goes from a "rude boi" to a "rude/cool boi" it really depends on if you wear big baggy trousers too... oh and how sporty u r cuz if you're seriously sporty u become a jock ~chuckles~ *LOL* ~pretends to take myself extremely seriously~ I know everything my lad.. I'm always right ~mock pontificates~

oh, don't you call most ppl by endearments? I have to admit that's a bad habit of mine ~grimace~ makes it hard to distinguish between when I mean as in "light of my life" and when I mean "person who could be friend or is friend"

hmmm...industry... don't u wish you had a crystal ball sometimes..? Life would be so much simpler... do you think you could survive in the business environment where emotions shouldn't cloud your judgement? by the sounds of it you're moving in the communications direction *grynz* u having fun?

Hmm I can answer SOME of your questions....I am 6'3" tall, I am currently still doing a Computer Engineering course so that's half Electronics, half Computer Science [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] Don't use MSN, I use ICQ and have AIM installed but never use it.
Actually I am a bloody fitness freak. I tend to go to the gym 2-4 times a week, play about 5-8 hours of badminton a week and play tennis in the summer. Don't think to categorise me!! I fit into so many categories it'd boggle your brain! A fitness-freak Computer Engineer, plays computer games and listens to rap all day long and goes clubbing at least once a week in term time....so what am I?
Actually I don't know what direction I'm moving in...could be comms...I'll probably decide next year.
Now I don't usually call anyone by endearments, but I can call you babe if you want [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Old 01-21-2002, 03:10 AM   #65
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Anything else you wish to know babe? Oops, I didn't mean that Avatar, no don't hurt me!

*chases u waving a fish over my head* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That's alright Vaskez [img]smile.gif[/img] You can call her "babe" if you really want.
It's because she is one and it will probably make u so happy
Old 01-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #66
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

*chases u waving a fish over my head* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That's alright Vaskez [img]smile.gif[/img] You can call her "babe" if you really want.
It's because she is one and it will probably make u so happy

Calling her a babe will make ME happy? What sort of logic do they teach you at Cambridge or was it Oxford? damn forgot already...
Old 01-22-2002, 04:42 AM   #67
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

~RAE~ only some of them? I'm crushed...

~exclaims~ 6"3?!! I only reach up to your chin I'm 5"4 *stomps a size 3 foot indignantly* !! ~looks up... and up...and up...~ *winces and holds my neck* okkiez I think I'll stop looking now... *grumbles about tall ppl giving me back and neck aches* ~pert little look~ I bet it's hard to find jeans that fit well huh?

U have icq? well whaddya know... ditto... ~tilts head~ and? I waiting....

~scrunches nose up~ the gym... I'd would never go there! *tosses head* too much effort to learn how to work all those machines ~gglz~ after all... I'm only a helpless lil' gurlie... *winkz*

OMG!!! U play as much badminton as I do!! Well I haven't had so much time recently but I totally luuurrrvvvee playing badminton! ~beaming and jiggling up and down with excitement~ it's sooooooooooooooo much fun!! and it's about the only sport people aren't always saying I "foul" in ~poutz~ it's not my fault if the silly guys r really tall and I'm really small and they keep tripping up over me *sulx* *suspicious look* You wouldn't happen to know someone called Martin Clark would you?

tennis.. *wry look* I like playing but as for hitting the ball into the court.. ~sad look~ I am pathetically inadequate.. most of the time the ball ends up flying over the walls of the tennis court and into the nearest bush! I think my avg is losing a ball a game *L*

Categories.. ~L~ don't I just know how you can't box ppl up like that *grynz* I don't know what your "box" is.. but I'd say it's something a lil' like mine. I swing from a preppy to sporty to naughty to girlie to rude to glam to towny etc.. you name it I've done it *gglz* and that's NOT a challenge ~winkz~ I think the one I'm moving towards right now is dom like *grynz* not that I'd ever shock everyone by going about dressed like that normally... besides the whole clothes thing is just another way of representing ourselves, and we can chose to misrepresent ourselves if we wish. It's just fun to see how people react differently to you just because you're dressed differently *chuckles* and what is it about figure hugging dresses and leather boots that seem to turn most guys into drooling idiots ~L~ when the girls will notice how my hair's done etc...

Decide next year.. *ponderz* ur either in ur 1st or 2nd year on uni right? ~looks at u~ I wonder if you'll answer any of my questions this time...

It's all a matter of personal preference what you call ppl *smilez* your choice. ~gglz~ I guess calling ppl by endearments is more prevalent in girlz skewlz... *thinkz about my best friend sexbomb/hoe/sexy* ~chuckles~ although what people class as endearments vary so much!

Now now now, no need to get nasty babes... I'm the one that lives in Oxford and as for logic... what's logic got to do with someone in love? *poke* you don't need to be logical to study at Cambridge uni ~gglz~ all u have to be is amazingly clever *noddz* oh and you need a good memory. ~wry grin~ which I absolutely don't have *gglz* most times I can't even remember what I did the day b4!

and I'm still waiting for a reply to my last question... *tapps foot impatiently* or did u forget already....? ~poutz at u~

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]

Old 01-22-2002, 07:15 AM   #68
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Calling her a babe will make ME happy? What sort of logic do they teach you at Cambridge or was it Oxford? damn forgot already...

What do they teach us? Well sweetheart there will tell u how silly and naughty I am... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Mummbles: Nah... just some commons sence and listen to friendly advice...

*whistles* anyway.....
Vaskez.. you haven't answered any of her questions.
Like where are u and what uni u goto and what course u do.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:34 AM   #69
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

ROFL you're a funny girl Eternity, and I mean that in a nice way hehe.
My ICQ is 102606352.

I can face the rest of the inquisition on ICQ later on
I won't be online much till about next thursday cos I have exams
but I can tell you I'm in the second year on a 4 year course.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:37 AM   #70
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

What do they teach us? Well sweetheart there will tell u how silly and naughty I am... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Mummbles: Nah... just some commons sence and listen to friendly advice...

*whistles* anyway.....
Vaskez.. you haven't answered any of her questions.
Like where are u and what uni u goto and what course u do.

I have [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've told her I'm in the uk and what course I do that's 2/3 not bad in my book [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Can't reveal to the whole world where I am...I can tell her over ICQ later