Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 06:17 PM   #101
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ramon!
Yes, we do seem to keep missing each other. But it's ok. I'm sure we'll get caught up one of these days. I do enjoy our discussions! Memny asked us to do more on the book forum (BLATANT PLUG HERE! ) so I may actually do some reading so as to have something to talk about. May review something if I finish reading it! I think it's the Ziroc thread about what people are reading that is where I recommended a few things. There isn't all that much to go through, so I'm sure you'll find it!

I'm not on the board as much for a couple reasons. MP is one big one, but also haven't been posting as much at work (til today!) because rl has need of me.

I have missed you, though! Couldn't find you anywhere and then someone mentioned you might have left us! There's even a thread out there with your name as the topic. Glad to see you here, anyway.

I'm around a bit later tonight, but that's pretty late for you! (around 845ish my time). Oh, I still want to know more about that major you are studying in...sounds quite interesting! Post or email if you like.

Ahh yes, the new title...sigh..Ziroc has one heck of a warped sense of humor, doesn't he? LOL I think that title is available to anyone who hits the right number of posts! Not just me!

Cloudphenom...teeheehee

CB,

I am afraid I have to stand you up for the "date" later in your evening. It is already 1 a.m. here and I'll be off to bed after this post. One problem is that last weekend continental Europe (CET zone) changed to our "summer time", thus the time difference to the east coast (EST) is not six, but now even seven hours. Don't know Mistress, err, Lady Epona, is it now 11 p.m. or midnight on your little island ?

I went to the books forum and saw your recommendations, thanks. Will have to check my father's library for them. Btw, reading a book before reviewing it, what a revolutionary - and at the same time oldfashioned in the best way - concept !

Good night !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-29-2001, 06:26 PM   #102
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

CB,

I am afraid I have to stand you up for the "date" later in your evening. It is already 1 a.m. here and I'll be off to bed after this post. One problem is that last weekend continental Europe (CET zone) changed to our "summer time", thus the time difference to the east coast (EST) is not six, but now even seven hours. Don't know Mistress, err, Lady Epona, is it now 11 p.m. or midnight on your little island ?

I went to the books forum and saw your recommendations, thanks. Will have to check my father's library for them. Btw, reading a book before reviewing it, what a revolutionary - and at the same time oldfashioned in the best way - concept !

Good night !
Ramon,

I think it's now 6 hrs from London time here. Goes back to 5 after we change our clocks this Saturday. Ahh, well, Ramon, mayhap we shall catch up on a weekend. I stay up late just to catch half of the European and Australian contingent on Friday and Saturday nights! Silly time zones, anyway...quite bothersome!

Good luck in the apartment search.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-29-2001, 06:33 PM   #103
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Cloudy, congrats on reaching the lofty heights - but shouldn't that be 'Spam Mistress'?? Although on second thoughts, that would sound a bit er... how can I put this?... I think the word I'm looking for is 'kinky' !! LOL
Thanks! Yes, I have noticed along the way, that the titles are definitely skewed in the masculine favor....but yah, "Spam Mistress"...uh, Mistress of Spam? LOL!! No thanks! Not my style! Does sound quite kinky...er, don't tell Ziroc! He's been warped and wild on another thread lately!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 03-30-2001, 12:14 AM   #104
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Oooh! Spam Mistress Cloudy!!! But what's the deal with the stars??? I went from having 4 pretty purpley-pink ones and now I'm back to three plain red ones??? (You, too Cloudy!) Wwwwaaaahhhhh!!!!!! ZIROC??? What's the deal???

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-30-2001, 03:14 PM   #105
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I know I am to far back, but here goes anyways...

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? No idea. Sometime on the old board

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Tim

GOT ANY ANIMALS? One dog, one bird

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? House

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? No

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? Keyboard

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? Relieve stress, escape reality

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? 99 Corvette and 2001 GrandPrix GTP

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? I do now!

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? Project Manager for telecommunications company

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
Rock

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? 2 brothers, 2 sisters

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? Beaches!

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Lazyboy

CHIPS OR DORITOS? Aren't doritos chips?

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? No idea

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? They don't care

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BGII, HoW, Rainbow Six

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? Kill them!!

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? Sure!

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-30-2001, 03:50 PM   #106
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

OK I have a little down time from work so here goes!

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? January

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Matt

GOT ANY ANIMALS? 2 cats

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? An apartment in a highrise

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? Atheist. Is that a religion?

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? Gel writers

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? Entertainment

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? Subaru Outback Sport Wagon

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? Does he get paid if we do?

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? Investment analyst

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)? No favorites, listen to any station that is not playing a commercial (except country I hate that)

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? 1 sister

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? Better for what?

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Blow up doll….no wait a laptop!

CHIPS OR DORITOS? They are both so full of fat and cholesterol I don’t eat either

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? Being chased through an unfamiliar neighborhood with some friends. Ran up to a house and opened the front door and the house exploded. It was so real that I woke up sweating, my ears hurt, and I had ‘sunspots’ in my eyes and I truly thought I was dead and in some sort of afterlife!

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? Therapist thinks its good, wife thinks I’m crazy, and the rest don’t know/care

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BGII, The SIMS, Roller Coaster Tycoon

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? I wish they followed through with it more often. Why give someone the death penalty and then have them sit on death row for the rest of their lives? Isn’t that a life sentence?

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? Yes, but posting less often

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 03-30-2001, 04:14 PM   #107
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, since I'm new here, I'll go on and answer this one, too!

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? At Ironworks or on General Discussions? I've been at Ironworks since November 2000, but have only started posting to General Discussions since March 20.

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Paris. I'm not joking.

GOT ANY ANIMALS? Five: 1 Welsh Corgi and 4 rats.

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? Townhouse.

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? No. I am highly spiritual, but I gave up religion a long time ago. Please, no proselytizing efforts. I'm being as honest as I can be.

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? Felt tips.

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? To experience new worlds, to explore new ideas, and because it's fun.

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? Cadillac.

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? What ads? (oops!)

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? Teacher: computer networking (Novell, Windows 2000), and Web Design/Master.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)? Jazz first, then Rock.

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? None, thank the heavens.

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? Beaches.

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Never watched the show, never will.

CHIPS OR DORITOS? Doritos.

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? The kind where I'm being chased by a tornado and no matter what I do, it keeps tracking me, inexorably coming to destroy me...it never happens, but it's terrifying.

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? Who's talking?

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? Wizards & Warriors, MM7, MM6 (if that one counts).

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? Not, for the most part. There's too many extenuating circumstances. I'm sure I'd feel differently if someone I loved or myself was personally involved . . .maybe. I'm not a "bleeding heart", BTW...I believe in giving the maximum penalty up to but not including death . . . but I don't think I could live with myself if I condemned someone to death and later found out that there was evidence that the person didn't commit the crime. I'd rather err on the side of Life.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? Yes.

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-30-2001).]
Old 03-30-2001, 07:51 PM   #108
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Thanks for the compliment ! I am just fine, finished the huge research paper last weekend. Now I'll have to get busy finding a new flat and a new job before it is time to prepare my final thesis. And how are you ?

Ohh, I have not forgotten about our "living abroad" thread. Just building up the tension for one of my infamous long and winding posts. This afternoon, when discussing learning foreign languages on the "German" thread I was almost there.
But don't worry: you will get your chance to shine as the princess of 1001 nights of this board. Btw, did you get the chance to learn any Arabic ?

I'm glad to hear that you are fine Ramon! Good luck on your home-hunting. May you find something comfortable and affordable quickly.
You asked how I am, and I think I will give the safe answer - fine - because the real answer is complicated. But really, I am fine.

Yes, I learned Arabic. However, I have not used it in many years, so I recall only a little bit. What Arabic I hang on to is due to my husband, who speaks it with me sometimes.

Oh - and I am not wanting "to shine as the princess of 1001 nights of this board". I am basically shy and uncomfortable with that kind of attention. I am interested in hearing about other people's experiences when they've been in foreign countries. Yorick's is so fascinating - other people surely have similar adventures to share!

Glad to see you haven't totally disappeared Ramon.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 03-30-2001).]
Old 03-30-2001, 09:16 PM   #109
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
I'm glad to hear that you are fine Ramon! Good luck on your home-hunting. May you find something comfortable and affordable quickly.
You asked how I am, and I think I will give the safe answer - fine - because the real answer is complicated. But really, I am fine.

Yes, I learned Arabic. However, I have not used it in many years, so I recall only a little bit. What Arabic I hang on to is due to my husband, who speaks it with me sometimes.

Oh - and I am not wanting "to shine as the princess of 1001 nights of this board". I am basically shy and uncomfortable with that kind of attention. I am interested in hearing about other people's experiences when they've been in foreign countries. Yorick's is so fascinating - other people surely have similar adventures to share!

Glad to see you haven't totally disappeared Ramon.

Bilqis, may I disagree ? Lovely ladies should be given a forum to shine in from time to time. I also think that everyone likes some - sincere - attention every now and then and if the right opportunity presents itself.

I guess I understand what you mean when you are saying that the real answer on your well being would have to be more complex and complicated than a simple "fine" and I also respect that you choose not to go into more detail on that.
I am always amazed - and mostly impressed - by the degree of frankness some members manage on very personal matters, but I myself couldn't really see me doing quite the same. But may I add that your answer in its earnestness - and do not get me wrong - struck me as remarkable "unamerican" ? Whatever that is supposed to mean ...

Is your husband Arab then ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-30-2001, 09:29 PM   #110
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sazerac! Good to see you found this thread.

Hi Moridin! Long time no see! Hope everything is ok with you.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen