Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

the European Union ahs declared Friday as a day of mourning in memory of all those who died in the terrorist attacks on Tuesday.

Just in-NATO has passed an article five resolution for the first time in its history- it basically states that an attack on one member country is considered an attack against all member countries. Therefore the terrorist attack perpetrated has been considered an attack on the most powerful military alliance on earth.

This situation is now escalating rapidly...the world will be involved soon.

Also a man has been arrested by swat teams in Boston allegedly in connecton with the attacks on the pentagon and world trade centre.
Old 09-12-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Nice to hear that Europe cares so much. No matter where we all live in this world, we are all united as human beings.

Yes, I have heard a little bit about the arrest in Boston. I hope it helps answer the many questions we all have about who did it, and why (even though there is NO excuse)

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Of course we care Ladyzekke. USA, however we may have some differences between us, is very close to us still. And acts as horrible as this, how could we not mourn your loss? We have influncies by you daily here, we trade, we speak we are excited when your president comes here. OK, some show their but. But that is a pretty harmless reaction right?

Under these teriible acts against a country that is the leader of democracy, the nation which most of the modern western economies sees as their guide, we too have been hurt by your loss in that attack. They have hurt a democratic society. To this, we unite.
I mean I have come to get many close friends from this board that lives in the US, I have friends working there. I have wanted to travel around US..

Be sure that we mourn with you all..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-15-2001, 10:51 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The sooner that everyone realizes that not all those who disagree with our opinions and our way of thinking are necessarily enemies, the closer we will be to true peace on earth.

Sunday will be a national day of mourning in Australia. Flags were flown at half-mast here on Thursday.

I have heard that an emergency session of the British Parliament was convened, the first time Parliament has ever been called out of a summer recess. Try and remember that when you face slight differences of opinion from British posters here.

This attack was an attack against civilization and humanity, not just the United States. The entire world suffers alongside the American people.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 11:53 AM   #5
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This thread may be of interest to you, it is on the same subject: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003221.html

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-15-2001, 12:44 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It was really sad on friday, I almost cried for the thousands of people who died in America when we were silent for two minutes.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy