Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 03:28 AM   #1
Man of Rohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How many of you listen to music while driving? Just about everybody, right? BUT, while you're listening to music, does it make you drive more aggressive? Does music in some sort of way resemble a sort of driving inhibition deadener (d.i.d.)? Do you feel the need to speed while listening to (insert music here)?

[This message has been edited by Man of Rohan (edited 07-21-2001).]
Old 07-21-2001, 03:38 AM   #2
Man of Rohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

By the by, how do you get one of those custom sigs going? Im perplexed.
Old 07-21-2001, 04:00 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the Ironworks!

The sig info is here: http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001516.html

Stop by the Welcome thread and introduce yourself! I bumped it up for you so it should be easier to find!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-21-2001, 01:28 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'm surprised no one has answered this!

Yes, I listen to music when I drive, some of the time. If it's a really long trip, I may take one of my tapes along. There are a couple of radio stations that I listen to that I know are good. The only time I find it antagonizing are when A) the lame-o commercials come on that seem geared at an IQ of 85 and/or B) the jerky DJ's air their inane comments and then laugh at their own "cleverness." I either tune to another station when that happens, or turn off the squawk box altogether and enjoy the silence for awhile.

AFAIK, listening to music has not affected my driving one iota. It's an interesting question you raise, though. I wonder how many people it actually does. Me, I'm more worried about those with cell phones hanging out their ears.

Cheers,

Old 07-21-2001, 01:33 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

heh...I don't have a driver's license, but when my sister and I go to my father (who just leased a new car with cd player ) we always sing together, sometimes a capella but mostly we just sing along with the huge pile of cds we've brought...I never noticed if it made dad drive more aggressively though

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 07-21-2001, 01:37 PM   #6
Quai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

uhm, I sold my car some years ago and walk now mostly and yes I love listening to music while I walk and walk and walk ....
Old 07-21-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes, music definitely does affect my driving sometimes. Hard Rock with its screaming guitars, pounding drums and vocal shouting have a way of getting me going, I find my foot slowly getting heavier and heavier LOL. Same works the other way round, as when I listen to calmer music, I find myself in not as much of a hurry to get where I am going to.

Old 07-21-2001, 03:34 PM   #8
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Welcome Man of Rohan. Nice to have you here.

I usually don't listen to music while driving, but when I do, I don't think I drive any more or less aggressive. Actually, never noticed if there was a difference.

------------------
Old 07-21-2001, 03:46 PM   #9
trux

Listening to music while driving is a must for me. If I'm listening to something like Rage Against the Machine or Jimi or something it usually makes me drive much faster! But when I'm listening to something mellow like Radiohead or maybe some Aphex Twin or something I just about pass out at the wheel.

hmmm...which is worse?

------------------
trux
Old 07-21-2001, 03:51 PM   #10
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Don't know if anyone else does this.I often record movies to cassette tape and listen to them on long drives.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-21-2001).]