Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 01:28 AM   #1
Warmby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, finally made it to Wyrms Tooth. Here's my problem: I went into the library, saw the slaves. I walked over to Gareth, the head slave, and I had two choices. Either ask him a question, or tell him I'd talk to him later. Well, accidentally I hit the later one, and now whenever I speak with him, I only get the option to speak to him later. I know I have to talk to him about freeing the slaves or whatever, but no dice, can't do it. So I go over to Soth to ask him for the book I'm supposed to borrow. I go through every conceivable thing he has to say. Nothing about borrowing a book. This game is buggy as heck.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:36 AM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Do you have HoW installed and if not have you patched the game?
If not you can download the patch here...
http://www.interplay.com/icewind/store.html

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 09:36 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Also, I suppose you have already gone to the broken bridge, and allowed the game to tell you to find a way to fix it, thus causing the dude to tell you about the book?

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Old 06-27-2001, 04:41 PM   #4
Warmby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't mean to sound impatient, but would someone please help me on this problem? It's definitely a bug. Gavin, the guy in the library in Wyrm's tooth, will not initiate the quest to free the slaves. I've killed every evil mob on the entire level. All the salamanders, all the drakes, all the giants, every troll, and every last wolf. Still, when I approach him, he only gives me the option to say: I'll speak to you again later. I've donwloaded the patch, to no avail. What gives!!!!????
Old 06-28-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
Axterix
Manshoon

You picked the wrong option and then killed the salamanders before going back to talk to the guy.

My advice is put away the walkthrough and just play the game the first time through.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:08 AM   #6
Electronicham
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is now my second time writing this. There is another option for ya. Go and find Kerish (I think that is his name). Convince him you are a spy. You will get the key. Go unlock the door that is locked. Go back to the slaves. See if he changes what he says. If it works, then they will all go. You will have to face a large amount of monsters. Give them a nice whoopen and go back to the library. The Engineering book will be in the western most part of the library, on the floor. You will be good to go from there.

ELECTRONICHAM
Old 06-29-2001, 08:56 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Warmby:
I don't mean to sound impatient, but would someone please help me on this problem? It's definitely a bug.

I like what Electronicham said. He may be right. But if it is a bug, then what do you think we can do about it? We are not the game designers, but just a few people that have played the game. If nobody can answer your question, and you really think it is a bug, your game came with a phone number to Interplay Technical Support. They could answer your questions where we fall short.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 06-29-2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 07:35 PM   #8
Warmby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't be a smartass. It doesn't strain credibility to suppose that Icewind Dale programmers might look at these boards in order to better serve their clientel. That happens on a lot of other games. If you don't have anything helpful to say, keep your fat mout shut, Larry.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2001, 03:42 PM   #9
Ziroc

I'm going to close this thread now,

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Closed Thread