Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Criminal Sentences
Criminals should be helped, not imprisoned. 2 13.33%
Lesser punishments, they are too harsh now. 4 26.67%
The justice system knows what its doing. 4 26.67%
Criminals are being cuddled. Harsher punishments. 2 13.33%
Teach them all a lesson and execute all felons. 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Many people I know (Im 13, so I mean the adults and smart kids) complain about criminal's sentences, so I was wondering about you peoples thoughts on the matter.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:49 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well that is quite a hard one because every crime is different and I feel that each one should be treated differently. I do believe Capital Punishment should be brought back (I know it still exists in some parts of America but I mean in Britain) for very extreme cases and that life imprisonment should be life imprisonment (once again I know this does happen in America) but what is the point in sending some one away for life in prison when they only get 20 years max, its so stupid.

I also want to say about capital punishment, in America there is 25 times the murder rate of Britain yet America is only 4 times bigger, what does this tell you? Maybe capital punishment isnt really working over there.

The only thing I think on capital punishment (I know I keep going back to it) is that the person to be executed should have a fair trial and they should only be executed when there is concrete evidence proving that they did it, there is too many cases in which the criminal gets executed is actually wrongly accused.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

'Criminals should be helped, not imprisoned,' but at the same time, I disagree. They should be helped, but they shouldn't be allowed to roam free.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

When I said helped not imprisoned, I meant put on a parole-like system, or an alcoholics anonymous type program. Sorry if i confused anyone!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
Son of Osiris

Go with the Ancient Principle: An eye for an eye!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I think there still should be some sort of second chance system for younger offenders and first time offenders, but harsher crimes such as assult should be treated more seriously. I don't agree with the death penalty for the simple reason that there is not allways %100 proof that someone comitted the crime, and many innocent people have been executed in the past.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote