Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
snyper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was told you could *hopefully* help me. I've been trying to run cheaters in BG2.. I added the "Debug Mode=1" line in the baldur.ini file, saved it and loaded the game. The problem I'm having is that every time I press ctrl + space, the game pauses. Nothing else.. no little pop up window or anything. It pauses just like it does when I press the spacebar by itself. Needless to say.. after 4 days, I'm ready to verily headbutt the monitor. Any help would be most graciously appreciated.

------------------
"Go ahead and run.. You'll only die tired."
Old 05-07-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm not Memnoch, but I can help! Try "Cheats=1". My friend did Debug Mode and it did not work, so try Cheats!

------------------

Visit Now
or Starstryke will Stryke U!
Old 05-07-2001, 04:05 PM   #3
snyper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I tried "Cheats=1". *sigh* Sadly, that didn't work either. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any more ideas?
Old 05-07-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here's the info as listed in Gamespot:

Cheat Codes
In order to enable these cheats, you must open the Baldur.ini file located where it is installed. Open the file using a text editor, and locate the [Program Options] line. Under that heading add a line that says "Debug Mode=1" (without the quotes). You will then be able to open the console during the game, which will allow you to enter the codes. To open the console while playing, press CTRL+SPACE

I think the key is to make sure that you enter the "Debug" line under "Program Options" in the text file. Hope that helps!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #5
BladeMaster

My name is not Memnoch either. But did you put the line below Program Options. If you did put a blank line between Program Options and your debug=1 line and try that.

------------------

Old 05-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #6
snyper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok.. I tried "Cheats=1". That didn't work either. I also tried putting a blank line between [Program Options] and Debug Mode=1 and that didn't do the trick. Anything else I should try?

------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know what else to tell you bro...

1)Open the text file in notepad.
2)Find [Program Options] line.
3)In new line immediately below it, type Debug Mode=1.
4)Re-save file as .txt to same location.
5)Reboot PC and BG2

If you did all of that and it still doesn't work, then I guess you're hosed for some reason.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-07-2001, 05:52 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

I know it's embarrassingly, painfully obvious, but do you press Cntl before you press SPACE, or do you press them simultaneously? When trying simultaneously, I found the computer would only register the SPACE. Then I started pressing CNTL first, and while keeping it pressed, hitting SPACE. That works.

Tancred
Old 05-07-2001, 05:55 PM   #9
BladeMaster

That should work Tancred. I always hit the first key first and the second key next

------------------

Old 05-07-2001, 05:59 PM   #10
snyper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've actually tried it both ways.. pressing them simultaneously and pressing the ctrl first. Hmm.. I wonder perchance if something could be wrong with my keyboard. As ridiculous as that may sound. *feels as if he's grasping at straws*

------------------