Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2000, 12:06 AM   #1
piotrek

THE STAFF OF MAGI a very potent weapon: +2 ac permanant prot. from evil permenant invisibility, cast spell trap 1 per day, cast combined fireball and lightning bolt 3 times a day, strikes as a +5 weapon, plus more.....
Anyway to get it go to the bridge district.
Once there find a house near Delosars inn with 2 doors.
Both doors are trapped one containes a Lich and the other one says there is darkness. To enter the other door you must have a rogue stone.
Once inside there is an awesome looking pink place where youll fight a few baddies which are really tough but with the right tactics, easy.
Killing the mage get you the staff enjoy it coz its awesome !

Old 12-01-2000, 03:40 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Once inside there is an awesome looking pink place where youll fight a few baddies which are really tough but with the right tactics, easy.

Ehm...I wouldn't go so far as to say EASY, doable would be the adjective i would use. Try the battle with the difficulty level on Insane.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:42 AM   #3
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Well, I know I suck at fighting in this game... I'm in that room on the easiest difficulty, with level 14-17 characters, and I have spent at least some hours on it without managing to kill them (without someone managing to get pertified in the last instance, at least). Of course, it may be due to that fact that it's my first gang and stuff, but still... guess I'm just plain unskilled.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:44 AM   #4
SatanGoat

to quote Everquest

J00 /\/\u$t |-|/-\/3 L33T $KiLLZ DEWD!

arrggh..damn dewdspeak...

don't mind me I still get my ass kicked ritualistically by Mind flayers..heh

Old 12-01-2000, 04:36 PM   #5
Manifest

where do i get a rogue stone?

Old 12-01-2000, 09:04 PM   #6
Armisael

All over the place. The one that comes most readily to mind is on the second floor of Mae'Var's guildhall. Unlock and detrap the 'doors' at the northernmost wall of the training room. There's a rogue stone in one of them.

Old 12-22-2000, 09:01 AM   #7
estibaan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I go into the room and there are about 5 minotours, ive killed them and there is nothing around have i gone to the right place, the door was trapped and the other was darkness like you said...
Any help would be appreciated...
Old 12-22-2000, 09:04 AM   #8
Armisael

The door with 'darkness' is the one you need to go through, but you need a rogue stone to get through it. The house with the minotaurs has an elemental lich downstairs.

Old 12-22-2000, 10:45 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Never found that one. I alway stashed my gems in my stronghold so never had a rogue stone when I checked out that door. Another point in favour of the board.

Is that the same staff that apprentices can make? (Mine died no matter what I did.)
Old 12-22-2000, 02:03 PM   #10
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Then just wait, later you will find enough. I am always keeping rogue stones, dont ask me why. And now in chapter 6 i have 7-8 rogue stones. And if youre inside, you really have a problem, because you cant go out of there without killing the enemies first. And believe me i personally think its one of the hardest battles in the whole game. 2 powerfull liches, a beholder, an assasin and a vampire are waiting for you so far i know.