Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
Wutchamakalit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoilers probably
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Okay, so this is my first time with Keldorn in the party, and all of the sudden he wants to go see his wife and kids, right. So I take him over there, and he's all "hi kids, what's up, oh that's good, yeah, cool" and his wife is all "i've been cheating on you" and Keldorn is like

Now, I can't remember what I told him to do, probably go to the magistrate or something. Anyway, he ends up hanging Sir Loverboy, and throws his wife in the dungeon. I'm like "k whatever can we go now?". He's fine with that, and away we go.

Now, as some NPCs tend to up and leave for whatever reason, I'm a bit worried that he'll eventually flake out at the most inappropriate time and leave me stranded in the Underdark, with noone but Aerie, Jan and a horde of hellspawned demons to keep me company. Which would suck.

So, will he at any point leave?

Should I just start over at the door and tell him to talk to the wife or what?
Old 06-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
TyranyuZ

1. No he will not leave.
2. Restart if your having a bad feeling.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
Wutchamakalit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. Thanks.
2. I didn't until you mentioned it ;p

Oh well.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
TyranyuZ

1. No problem.
2. Good attempt to be funny.

Welcome 2 IW! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Chapter 13 of my site is designed to help with just this sort of difficulty, but unfortunately most people don't read it until after the information would have been of some use to them. Anyway, the oblique hint that I give in Chapter 13 about this particular situation is:
Quote:
"In the Government District, a man will have a conversation with his wife, and then ask for your advice. Save before this happens, as it seems that no matter what you suggest he do, he'll do the exact opposite."
Old 06-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #6
Wutchamakalit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Figured I'd post this here instead of cluttering up the main board with my stupid crap.

Okay, so today my brave brave ranger/cleric smoked the shadow dragon and his friends. He also found that Tombelthen's journal thing, so I go out and find his rock columns but I can't target the container. I just get that circle with the line through it, you know, the international sign of "stay the hell away" :\

Of course, the cursor doesn't show in the screenshot but I assure you, it's there, and it won't let me open the damn thing. Am I totally missing something here?

edit:
SixOfSpades: I did check out your site a few days ago, but unfortunately I have a real short attention span and most of what I read gets purged from memory mere minutes after reading it :\

[ 06-14-2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Wutchamakalit ]
Old 06-14-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I made that mistake too, at first.. The container isn't there until you get the quest to find it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #8
TyranyuZ

What in the tyr's name is that, what quest is it?! First time I hear about it.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:29 PM   #9
Feral
Elminster

The quest is part of the ranger stronghold.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I once (only once) spent at least an hour looking for the container after finding the journal. Having examined every inch of the map and everything that could qualify as a copse of trees, I can vouch that Illumina is right - don't bother looking until you receive the quest.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #10
Wutchamakalit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help folks