Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 03:53 AM   #1
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Just reading the Usa party thread got me thinking , who have you met from Ironworks ? , where did you meet , and were they how you'd expected them to be?. I've met Davros in London , and Donut whom I met 42 years ago , both of them were a lot more Athletic looking than I expected. .

Sorry if this has been done before.

[ 08-27-2002, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 08-27-2002, 04:05 AM   #2
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I have met Shadowhound, mainly because i go to the same school and we also happen to be RL friends. Other then that i dont think there are many IW members from SE Queensland, Australia.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:10 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well I have some of the people here..

Moiraine (with family), Sir Tainly, Bilqis, Dragonmage, Ramon Y Ramon, Epona, Donut, Mouse, Yorrrick(even though he managed to spell his name wrong.. , Davros, Melusine, likes salt licorice! YEAY! Iīm not alone!

All I have met in France, and I īwonīt mind meeting them all again, in fact I can only hope THEY would like to meet me again hehe!
Some were as I expected them to be, well as far as you dare to guess the personalities behind a pseudonym. Some I didnīt even know that well, so it was like a suprise. Some were not as I expected them, but I havenīt so far been disapointed. (maybe thats because I didnīt here their version... )

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 08-27-2002, 04:30 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Let's see - first I met Donut, and he said "you must be that Aussie git Davros". And he handed me a football ticket and bought me a FOSTERS (what a guy).

Then I met Lanesra, and he said "Is this that Aussie git you was tellin me about".

Then I met Mouse, and he said "Let me buy you a beer - do you like FOSTERS"

Then I met Aelia, and I said "Let's go to the footy darlin" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then I met Yorrrrick, and he said "You're not Davros are you - did you bring the vegemite?" (you would have thought the Brisbane Lions jumper in a Lyons airport was enough of a giveaway wouldn't you).

Then I met Moiraine, who came to drag Yorrrrick and Mouse and me out of the airport bar, and she said "Blaaaaaaaah , there you are - always men they go to the bar" .

Then I met Melusine back at Moiraine's place, and I said "Man you are CUTE ".

Then I met Wolfie, and he asked me "You haven't seen Santa about have you".

Then I met Epona, who had missed her bus, but we all forced ourselves to stay up late in the morning drinking, so we could all say "Cheers - have some Crazy Gravy".

Then I met SirTainly, and he said "Orange robes for you".

Now - I wonder who will be the next IW member to meet that outstanding fellow Davros
Old 08-27-2002, 04:52 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

ROFLMAO!! Priceless, Davros!

Cool idea for a thread, too, Lanesra. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well, I've met the same people as Davros except for Lanesra and Aelia, and in a different order. Yorick was the first I met, then briefly SirTainly, then all the people at Moiraine's BBQ. Moiraine and her son Marco were the first I met there, then Wolfie, with whom I spent a pleasant afternoon in a cafe with Marco, waiting to be picked up.
All of the people I mt so far were great and just like I expected them to be (as far as I could tell anyway) and they all know they're welcome here any time should they visit Holland. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2002, 05:18 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

I can't believe it. At last Lanesra - you've posted something original!

Okay - I first met Lanesra, as he says, 42 years ago. I seem to remember that he had a really red face and screamed a lot. No change there then! In those days I was able to pick him up in my arms. I can still pick him up but now I have to use a fork lift truck.

Then I enticed Yorick to my watering hole in Enfield. I introduced him to the delights of cider.

Then Davros blagged a ticket for the Arsenal off of me. Given that he was only in London for one day on the way from Oz to Jamaica. Then he poured lager over Mark's coat.

Then I met Moiraine, Davros & Yorick (again), Mouse, Melusine, Wolfgir, Epona and Sir Tainly.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-27-2002, 05:42 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ha - I have caught you out Mr Clever Donut - it was CIDER that was spil....... umm, euphamistically gestured all over your friends coat . It's not like you at all to be carelss with the facts old bean
Old 08-27-2002, 05:43 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well I can't really beat anyone with the amount of IW people I've met [img]tongue.gif[/img] The only one that I've encountered has been Kaz, a member who sadly posts no longer, or so it seems at least.