Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 01:01 AM   #11
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Bahamut
i like gettin hit too (sigh are we insane i know i am)
so i let fighters hit me for a minute or so
after all that damage they have done (none)
i cast one spell and they are death

comon if you wanna play a warrior
pick a sword kill someone and shout
YEAH I'm more experiacnd

(news bulletan
Bush has been killed
they killer clames he is now
more experianced *sigh*)
Old 01-07-2001, 01:43 AM   #12
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

THE FIGHTERS FADE
AWAY
AND
WE HAVE WON
hm wondering what will happen after that silence spell runs out
Old 01-07-2001, 03:15 AM   #13
Aurum
Manshoon

Great!!!
Old 01-07-2001, 04:55 AM   #14
Ramon

I could not agree more with you, Rikard !

Fighters are just one-dimensional and boring, so let's just ban them from the game. That should, of course, also include all the fighter kits. Their little petty magic and all certainly does not cover for their basic shortcomings.

But, come to think of it, why stop here ?

Mages, while they might be more fun to play, are just too bothersome. I mean, you have to spend too much time thinking about the spells you want to memorize each time before you rest. And all those complicated spells, counterspells and countercounterspells you have to know about to use the mage effectively. No, that sounds more like hard work than fun, when I really want to use my brain that much, I can always read a tabloid.
So let's just ban mages from the game, too.

And, applying any kind of scrutiny, are not all the priests classes and kits really rather awkward combinations of bad fighters and mages with less powerful spells ?
So, out they go. But wait, I really like the concept of the shapeshifter druid. The idea of turning yourself into a werewolf just has the right macho appeal for me. So, let's keep that kit.

What are we left with ? Ah, the thief kits.
They sure cannot fight properly, either, and backstabbing is just something for cowards as well as morally rotten and completely unacceptable. Same goes for for stealing and pickpocketing, of course. Detecting traps ? Are we not supposed to be heroes in this
game ? Any true man should just walk through
any traps there are - without even so much as raising an eyebrow. Setting traps ? What a silly concept ! You set a trap and then all there is left for you is to wait for the opposition to be kind enough to step right into it - well I can only hope you brought enough crossword puzzles to kill time. Who needs to detect illusions if they are not any mages to create them in the first
place ? I have to admit, though, that thieves
come quite handy with their 1oo%-chance to find secret door. Here is my suggestion about thieves: let's get rid of all the kits and just keep the true thief that should, of course, be limted to detecting hidden doors.

Bards ? What a most pitiful mixture of a sad excuse for a mage and a even sadder one for
a thief ! And their chants ? Let's get serious. After all, we are not in a boy's choire. Just out in the garbage where they belong.

So, we have got an, uhh, improved thief and the shapeshifter druid to play with. I have frequently read on this board, though, that
the werewolf form turns out to be a disappointent because of a bad thac0 and other shortcomings. I, therefore, suggest that the shapeshifter druid should not be allowed to shapeshift into a werewolf in order to spare us the disappointment.

After all the work is done, we have not only freed us of all the most imperfect classes, but we have also gained two new optimized classes ! That should make for a fun game, indeed.

So long,

Ramon

Old 01-07-2001, 05:05 AM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hey, you know what would make for a fun game? Why not let us use some of the classes from Planescape. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a tiefling. Women could play the succubus. Men could be Incubus. It would rock. Githyanki anyone? What about a talking skull? Morte rocked man. He kept Nameless going til he got higher level. Hey, hey. We could just drop the classes altogether and just play a GOD. I mean, then we could use whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. LOL. I cast finger of death on abizuel. What do you mean that I haven't memorized the spell? What's all this about spell components? I'm a GOD for Chrissake. JEEZ.
Old 01-07-2001, 09:10 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Rikard, art though high?

You're not posting this from a Dutch cafe, are you?

Old 01-07-2001, 10:48 AM   #17
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

why?
it *was* 6 in the mornig when i wrote that
thay arent open yet
anyways you gotta agree that an all maigc party rock